• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

Tom Flint

International Regular
What is it with these Southern grounds and their comatose atmospheres (only Essex seems to rock)? A T20 sell out London Derby and it sounded like a funeral.
One sided game in the end.

Hopefully we'll see a better game on Thursday when there is a real derby game. Yorks v Lancs at one of the real homes of cricket.
Obviously never been to Somerset. Same can be said about a long of northern ground too when there is 200 people there

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Obviously never been to Somerset. Same can be said about a long of northern ground too when there is 200 people there
Er, but as I said. This was a derby sell out, holiday time, sun out, barely a week after England's historic World Cup win just down the road. ...yet.....

Tom Flint

International Regular
I think you are getting cricket and football mixed up. I've been to plenty of games around London I'm a mdsx supporter, the ovals a good night always sells out people come after work drink a lot most don't particularly care who win but it's a decent night out. But you have to remember it is Surrey v Middlesex not fenerbache galatasary

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
I hope there's no rain at Headingley.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pooran and Big Show play a part in English cricket's best game.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'd missed that Kohler-Cadmore had taken over the Yorkshire 20 over captaincy. Mahmood back from injury for Lancs. Bit of pace with him and Gleeson

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Wow! The last 5 overs were painful to watch.
Jennings and that other guy in full tuk tuk mode.
I presume that Faulkner 'the finisher' is actually finished?

Willey bowled well. Supposedly par on the ground is 192. Yorks should win easy - especially with Pooran.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hat-trick for Tom Curran in his first over means that Surrey are in danger of actually winning tonight.

cpr

International Coach
Wow! The last 5 overs were painful to watch.
Jennings and that other guy in full tuk tuk mode.
I presume that Faulkner 'the finisher' is actually finished?

Willey bowled well. Supposedly par on the ground is 192. Yorks should win easy - especially with Pooran.
Nice of you to forget how good our bowlers are

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Wow! What a game!

I knew the best game in English cricket wouldn't let me down. It kept swinging one way then the other right until the very end.

It seems Faulkner is the finisher with the ball - he's still got it. Though it was still utterly bizarre to send Jennings and that other guy that looked like he was playing with a marshmallow bat in with less than 5 overs to go with the 'slog on'.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any recommendations on where to sit at Lords? Going for the game against Kent tomorrow with 2 others.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
It's not sold out yet.

But as previous post. Seats are allocated, so if you want to guarantee 3 in a row I wouldn't leave it until the last minute.

I would recommend The Grand Stand. But that's one of the most expensive areas.