• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Total Cricket"

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think if you're talking about batting depth in your bowling while also having great bowling depth then the Australian XI in this match is hard to go past. And we didn't exactly do well on that tour.

cnerd123

likes this
The insight that England played very attacking cricket is correct but I think a big part of that is the way SL have bowled and the pitches/field placements. The optimal strategy in this set of circumstances has been to attack the ball and hit it into the gaps provided. They've just executed it really well. It's not a sign of a greater shift in the way England are going to bat in Tests

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If having batting depth in your bowlers is total cricket, can hardly go past the Warne-Lee-Gillespie combo. Even McGrath has a test 50.
There's been plenty of stronger tails than Warne-Lee-Gillespie. Like probably at least half of them.

and McGrath's 50 was against a minnow so doesn't really count

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
There's been plenty of stronger tails than Warne-Lee-Gillespie. Like probably at least half of them.

and McGrath's 50 was against a minnow so doesn't really count
yeah but have those tails also been arguably the best bowling line up attack ever?