• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taijul Islam

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
is slowly becoming a Herath.

He's hardly ever heard of. Bowls ridiculous number of overs...

Holds the record for the best figures in an inning for a BD bowler: 8 for 39

And recently took 18 wickets in a 2-test series

Flem274*

123/5
bangladesh has been a real tour for years and genuinely hard now. richard would have a fit if he still posted given how much he likes to change his opinions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's a bit unlucky Shakib exists too, because they don't tend to play three spinners outside of Asia and when they're only playing two they tend to try to make the second one turn it the opposite way, so Miraz has the inside running at the moment there despite IMO not being quite as good a bowler (although it's certainly close).

TheJediBrah

Now that fatty is retired are Bangladesh's spinners better than Sri Lanka's right now?

I haven't been particularly impressed with them in the current England series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He's a bit unlucky Shakib exists too, because they don't tend to play three spinners outside of Asia and when they're only playing two they tend to try to make the second one turn it the opposite way, so Miraz has the inside running at the moment there despite IMO not being quite as good a bowler (although it's certainly close).
I reckon they can afford to play the 3 considering Shakib is a genuine bat for them. Hardly like they have any pace bowlers outside of Fizz that really threaten to take more wickets than their spinners in any conditions.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Taijul killed it against Zim yesterday. Was great to watch. Wouldn't mind seeing him in BD's ODI setup either. heading into the CWC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon they can afford to play the 3 considering Shakib is a genuine bat for them. Hardly like they have any pace bowlers outside of Fizz that really threaten to take more wickets than their spinners in any conditions.
Abu Jayed is good with the new ball, he swings it both ways. That still leaves room for them to pick three spinners but I don't think a third one would really add anything to their team outside of Asia; I'd be more inclined to pick Ariful Haque to extend the batting lineup while still giving a fifth bowling option who could bowl pace. It's unfortunate for Taijul but I don't see him contributing anything as a third spinner somewhere like New Zealand or South Africa.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Abu Jayed is good with the new ball, he swings it both ways. That still leaves room for them to pick three spinners but I don't think a third one would really add anything to their team outside of Asia; I'd be more inclined to pick Ariful Haque to extend the batting lineup while still giving a fifth bowling option who could bowl pace. It's unfortunate for Taijul but I don't see him contributing anything as a third spinner somewhere like New Zealand or South Africa.
*locks in three spinner attack on cpl*

cnerd123

likes this
Taijul is legit. One of the more underrated bowlers going around, has been churning out quality spells for a few years now.

cnerd123

likes this
I'd play Taijul overseas in a 3 man spin attack if his batting was better. Mehdi gets ahead of him not just because he's an offspinner but also of his batting. A 3rd mediocre seamer doesn't add anything more with the ball than Taijul would.

Daemon

Didn't Taijul bowl like 60 overs against SL. Amazing his arm didn't fall off.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd play Taijul overseas in a 3 man spin attack if his batting was better. Mehdi gets ahead of him not just because he's an offspinner but also of his batting. A 3rd mediocre seamer doesn't add anything more with the ball than Taijul would.
Yeah but he'd probably offer the same, and Ariful can seriously bat.

cnerd123

likes this
Hey ***** does he experiment with different angles of attack though
Yea he does. He's an interesting bowler - he does a little bit of everything, but no one characteristic of his really sticks out to me. He has good revs, varies his angle, has a good arm ball, is capable of varying his pace to suit the conditions and the batsmen.Quite accurate too - it's rare when he bowls a spell with plenty of boundary balls in it.

He's quite a good bowler. I think he gets overlooked a lot because he's yet another Bangladeshi SLA bowler and hasn't had a great overseas bowling performance yet. But he's only 26 years old. Young finger spinners don't do well in foreign conditions as a rule. Keshav Maharaj (28) is probably the only exception to that in recent times. He'll get a lot better over the next few years as long as he keeps playing for BD, and could be a really serious bowler by the time he's in his 30s.