• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Monthly Discussion

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Today saw the publication of an interview with Cheteshwar Pujara

'I feel I don't have to prove myself to anyone other than myself' | The Cricket Monthly | ESPN Cricinfo

Has the team management had a word with you about your role? Have they made clear what they want?Yes, yes, they have. I can't be very specific about what my role is because there are strategies involved, but I have got clear guidelines about what I need to do. And in Test cricket it is not like ODIs, where you need to have different strategies all the time. Simply put, I just need to score runs. Whatever else I have to do, I have been told clearly and I know my role.

So you been assured of the security of your position in the team?
Yes.

There is always this perception outside that there could be pressure on you, on the way you bat, your scoring rate. Have Kohli or Ravi Shastri asked you to change the way you bat?
No, not at all.

cnerd123

likes this
I haven't read this in a while - it was really good early on, but with the decline in quality of content on the Cricinfo main site, I've been put off from looking through this too. Is it still good?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From earlier this month, on Aiden Markram:

Aiden makes his mark | The Cricket Monthly | ESPN Cricinfo

In September that year, much to the chagrin of CSA, Markram was included in the U-19 squad that travelled to India. Jennings reveals that several suits at CSA headquarters weren't too pleased with the brash coach running roughshod over the provincial set-up.

The decision seemed to have backfired when Markram managed only 73 runs from five matches with a high score of 25. Despite the poor showing, and ignoring the protests of his employers, Jennings returned to South Africa and declared Markram his captain for the World Cup in February. "I didn't make too many friends with that decision," Jennings says. "The selectors thought I was crazy, but I knew what he was capable of. The thing with talent identification is, you look at a kid's age in his passport and compare it with the age in his brain. Aiden's passport said he was 18 but he spoke and carried himself like a 23-year-old. He just had that mental capacity."

The rest is history. A World Cup triumph was followed by two consecutive Red Ball Campus Cricket championships with Tuks in 2014 and 2015 - the first under the captaincy of Theunis de Bruyn, the second under Markram's own. From there, he worked his way into Mark Boucher's star-studded Titans side ahead of the 2016-17 domestic season. In ten matches for the franchise over two seasons, he has plundered 1004 runs at 66.9 with three hundreds and six fifties.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't read this in a while - it was really good early on, but with the decline in quality of content on the Cricinfo main site, I've been put off from looking through this too. Is it still good?
For most part yes. They are mostly long reads and a welcome change from the click baity journalism mostly found today.

That being said, the site itself has been re designed and a pain if you want to read older issues. They have removed the "Archive view" and update every day with a new article.

So if you're not reading everyday, it's kinda difficult to go read an article from say 2 months ago which I used to do in the past