• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
out of gayle and sarwan you think sarwan has real potential with the ball? gayle is a bit like hooper, appears innocuous but a real partnership breaker. sarwan is as good a bowler as chanderpaul was.
Sarwan has much better control than Chanderpaul ever had. The point is that a wristspinner will always be more threatening than a finger spinner. Sarwan may not turn it much, but he turns it more than Gayle and turns it away from the right-hander.

That said, Gayle would be more effective in Tests IMO if he would bowl a bit slower.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Bangladesh vs UWI XI

WICB XI
W. Hinds c Manjural Islam b Khaled Mahmud 17
K. Wilkinson c Manjural Islam b Mushfiqur Rahman 1
S. Joseph c *Habibul Bashar b Khaled Mahmud 22
L. Simmons c wkpr Khaled Mashud b Khaled Mahmud 0
R. Hinds c Mushfiqur Rahman b Majural Islam 48
A. Richards c Mohammad Ashraful b Mohammad Rafique 4
C. Baugh c Mohammad Rafique b Manjural Islam 16
*+D. Ramdin lbw b Manjural Islam 1
D. Washington c Mohammad Ashraful b Manjural Islam 10
P. Collins b Mohammad Rafique 0
J. Lawson not out 2
Extras (lb6, w6, nb2) 14
TOTAL (all out-45.3 overs) 135
Fall of wickets: 1-7, 2-39, 3-40, 4-47, 5-54, 6-83, 7-88, 8-116, 9-122.
Bowling: Tapash Baisya 8-1-29-0, Mushfiqur Rahman 8-0-31-1, Khaled Mahmud
10-2-33-3, Mohammad Rafique 10-3-27-2, Manjural Islam 9.3-4-9-4.

Very poor batting performance there. Very very poor.

BANGLADESH
Shahriar Hossain lbw b Collins 0
Manjural Islam c Wilkinson b Collins 5
*Habibul Bashar b Washington 47
Rajin Saleh c Richards b W. Hinds 1
Mohammad Ashraful c Wilkinson b R. Hinds 13
Alok Kapali c Wilkinson b Lawson 3
Mushfiqur Rahman not out 25
+Khaled Mashud c wkpr *Ramdin b Washington 17
Khaled Mahmud not out 2
Extras (b1, lb4, w9, nb9) 23
TOTAL (7 wkts-41 overs) 136
Mohammad Rafique, Tapash Baisya did not bat.
Fall of wickets: 1-3, 2-45, 3-56, 4-68, 5-81, 6-82, 7-132.
Bowling: Collins 9-0-35-2, Lawson 8-1-23-1, W. Hinds 6-2-11-1, Washington
9-1-38-2, R. Hinds 9-1-24-1.
Result: Bangladesh won by three wickets.
Toss: WICB XI.
Umpires: G. Greaves, L. Thomas.

Useful bowling...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm impressed, Bangladesh.

The majority of that WICB side have International experience too, don't they?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
I'm impressed, Bangladesh.

The majority of that WICB side have International experience too, don't they?
6 of them have played international cricket at Test/ODI level.

2 of them have played at youth international level.

2 of them have been in the West Indies squad.

Then there's Austin Richards.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Khaled Mahmud 10-2-33-3 - among them Wavell Hinds, Sylvester Joseph and Lendl Simmons.

Does suggest that the latter three haven't exactly impressed the selectors?

Anyway, good win for Bangladesh.

What should worry West Indies: Extras (b 1, lb 4, w 9, nb 9) 23 - third top-scorer behind Habibul Bashar and Mushfiqur Rahman.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Khaled Mahmud 10-2-33-3 - among them Wavell Hinds, Sylvester Joseph and Lendl Simmons.

Does suggest that the latter three haven't exactly impressed the selectors?

Anyway, good win for Bangladesh.

What should worry West Indies: Extras (b 1, lb 4, w 9, nb 9) 23 - third top-scorer behind Habibul Bashar and Mushfiqur Rahman.
Looking at the bare stats, It would appear that - from a Windies point of view - only Ryan Hinds could be said to have enhanced his reputation.

With Lara out of the side for the weekend double-header, things could be a little tighter than many might have predicted, though I still fancy the Windies to come through fairly comfortably.

Have Windies picked a new squad for the series?

Mr Mxyzptlk

garage flower said:
Looking at the bare stats, It would appear that - from a Windies point of view - only Ryan Hinds could be said to have enhanced his reputation.

With Lara out of the side for the weekend double-header, things could be a little tighter than many might have predicted, though I still fancy the Windies to come through fairly comfortably.

Have Windies picked a new squad for the series?
The squad is:

Ramnaresh Sarwan (capt), Chris Gayle, Shiv Chanderpaul, Ricardo Powell, Devon Smith, Dwayne Smith, Dwayne Bravo, Ridley Jacobs (wk), Tino Best, Fidel Edwards, Ian Bradshaw, Sylvester Joseph and Ravi Rampaul.

I'd expect:
CH Gayle
S Chanderpaul
RL Powell
RR Sarwan
DR Smith
DDJ Bravo
RD Jacobs +
IDR Bradshaw
TL Best
R Rampaul
FH Edwards

I'd prefer to see Joseph or Devon Smith instead of Bradshaw though. Smith would bat at 3 if he were included and Joseph at 5.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The squad is:

Ramnaresh Sarwan (capt), Chris Gayle, Shiv Chanderpaul, Ricardo Powell, Devon Smith, Dwayne Smith, Dwayne Bravo, Ridley Jacobs (wk), Tino Best, Fidel Edwards, Ian Bradshaw, Sylvester Joseph and Ravi Rampaul.

I'd expect:
CH Gayle
S Chanderpaul
RL Powell
RR Sarwan
DR Smith
DDJ Bravo
RD Jacobs +
IDR Bradshaw
TL Best
R Rampaul
FH Edwards

I'd prefer to see Joseph or Devon Smith instead of Bradshaw though. Smith would bat at 3 if he were included and Joseph at 5.
Not sure there's much point bringing Devon Smith back into the 1-day squad ahead of either Ryan or Wavell Hinds, though I suppose he could do with a knock before the test series.

I'm inclined to agree that only 3 quicks are needed, given that Gayle can be classed as a front-line 10-over bowler and Bravo/Smith/Powell/Sarwan provide numerous 5th bowler options. I'd probably give Joseph a go ahead of Devon.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
i had said that bangladesh had a bit of achance and the warm-up result just proves it. but i am :huh: seeing a 135 score by this west indies team. west indies do look to be a very inconsisent team. i expect a 2-1 result in the one-dayers and a 1-0 result to west indies in the tests.

tooextracool

International Coach
bhooth nath said:
i had said that bangladesh had a bit of achance and the warm-up result just proves it. but i am :huh: seeing a 135 score by this west indies team. west indies do look to be a very inconsisent team. i expect a 2-1 result in the one-dayers and a 1-0 result to west indies in the tests.
oh commone!they hammered them in bangladesh and i dont see any reason why they shouldnt whitewash them again

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
They didn't get "hammered" by Zimbabwe. And don't forget Zim pushed WI very close..
they should have lost the test series 2-0(oh if only for the rain) and lost the ODI series 2-1. i wouldnt call that a very successful tour at all because zimbabwe WERE about 5 rungs below every other team in the world anyways.

As far as the zim vs WI series went, WI arent a very good away team, but at home they are decent and i think their squad looks a lot better now(no hinds and ganga).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I thoroughly expect a Whitewash - it just won't be a case of turn up and go home again - if the WI lose their concentration then Bdesh could easily "win" sessions and even days.

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
I thoroughly expect a Whitewash - it just won't be a case of turn up and go home again - if the WI lose their concentration then Bdesh could easily "win" sessions and even days.
i doubt though that b'desh will bother the WI in tests, i think WI have enough flat track/poor bowling bullies to ensure that WI win comfortably.

Mr Mxyzptlk

tooextracool said:
i doubt though that b'desh will bother the WI in tests, i think WI have enough flat track/poor bowling bullies to ensure that WI win comfortably.
As much as the West Indies is the spawn of Satan and all, could it hurt to ease up on the 'anti' attitude? Surely we could do something right.