• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar Batting Comparison

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah when you gang up on someone, they're not going to act in any way other stubborn and defensive.
It didn't start that way though. He always had that nationalistic thing going on which would get him into disagreements here and there. Once it became a pattern, more and more people started to notice and call him out on it. It wasn't co-ordinated bullying or ganging up like you're trying to portray it, even though I can see how it would appear to be just that. It's not like we would all head to some secret forum and have a like a 100 page thread discussing his posting and how to target him.

TheJediBrah

It didn't start that way though. He always had that nationalistic thing going on which would get him into disagreements here and there. Once it became a pattern, more and more people started to notice and call him out on it. It wasn't co-ordinated bullying or ganging up like you're trying to portray it, even though I can see how it would appear to be just that. It's not like we would all head to some secret forum and have a like a 100 page thread discussing his posting and how to target him.
Oh did I forget to invite you to that?

TheJediBrah

We could do with an overly nationalistic Indian or 2 though. All our Indian posters are annoyingly sensible and even-mannered. We've got plenty of nationalistic Australians, and Kiwis, and whatever the **** ***** is.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah when you gang up on someone, they're not going to act in any way other stubborn and defensive.
I agree, you just gotta chomp down on that cricket ball and steel yourself with the knowledge that you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Daemon

We could do with an overly nationalistic Indian or 2 though. All our Indian posters are annoyingly sensible and even-mannered. We've got plenty of nationalistic Australians, and Kiwis, and whatever the **** ***** is.
agreed, we need a randycricfreak

Jack1

International Debutant
You have got no clue. 90s, atg pacers, atg spinners, helpful tracks etc.
I don't think you understand. Using the word "far" in front of superior changes the context drastically. Tendulkar is far superior to mediocre batsmen, not decent or good ones like Kohli. I already said I prefer (and therefore rate) Tendulkar higher than Kohli in tests, I rate Kohli higher in limited overs and Kohli sneaks it overall. This isn't really that difficult to decipher hahaha.

You can try to claim the bowlers were better, tracks more helpful or whatever. But the batsmen are generally more skilled now, more shot range etc. In Tendulkar's time batsmen were pretty clueless against Yorkers and even low full tosses. The good batsmen can hit anything these days. Kohli is certainly more skilled in limited overs cricket in my view.

Today I learnt:
Voges>Kambli>Viv Richards
Vogues did do really well in tests, but he didn't play enough games to be considered really. Still, you can't sniff at those stats he has got. You can only play the games you are picked in. Viv Richards was clearly superior in limited overs and I would rate him higher in tests too. I'd expect over 50 games Vogues would probably have only averaged mid 40s in tests. But Vogues and Kohli are completely different. Kohli has played a lot more games and excelled in all formats. Kambli is a harder one as he had a monster FC average of nearly 60, you could easily argue he was a better FC player than most.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I tried to help a fellow chennai vasi by talking to him once long ago. Didn't work I guess. I told him to become better at baiting instead of reacting to everything but it probably fell on deaf ears.

Borges

International Regular
Kohli is a better man than Sachin, who in all fairness, was a bit of a bitch.
It is something of a stretch to call Kohli a man; the word brat, which seems more appropriate, does come to mind.

Other than that, I tend to agree with the general sentiment of he post.

OverratedSanity

Kohli is great at what he does, is an enormous prick, surrounds himself with yes men, is good looking and gives off a bratty rich kid vibe. Warner just comes off as a dumb redneck. He's definitely a bigger asshole but Kohli has the ingredients which make him easier to dislike. No one's jealous of Warner.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
agreed, we need a randycricfreak
Umm we've had a regular inflow of that with the most recent one being Motorwada and don't rule out your own group who can turn ultra nationalistic very easily.

Just waiting for the India-England series now