• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar Batting Comparison

Jack1

International Debutant
'Their Test record is similar'

...not sure if srs
Tendulkar played far more games and had more longevity. But I can't hold that against Kohli during a comparison. I can only judge them by what they have done. Average wise you can't argue with the numbers, they are close. Kohli also averages 61.07 in 43 tests batting at 4. He batted ok recently in the series against SA, who have a very strong home bowling attack averaging 47.66. He had by far the highest India batting average in that series (next best Kumar 33.66 and then Rahane 28.5). I think Kohli will most likely improve his test average over the next few years.

Jack1

International Debutant
Wow, that's the first time I've been accused of being ridiculously biased towards Tendulkar. Like the rest of his opinions it's a crock of **** but whatever.

The crock of **** here is calling Tendulkar a far superior test bat to Kohli. Complete nonsense. Tendulkar isn't a far superior test bat to any player averaging over 50 in tests.

Jack1

International Debutant
Mate only average matters, literally no other stat is to be considered.

All stats are considered. Average is the most important one for a batsman funnily enough and you might have noticed I mentioned strike rate in limited overs in my post. But like the majority of fans of sport only their own opinion matters and they are incapable of respecting sensible opinions of others haha

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The crock of **** here is calling Tendulkar a far superior test bat to Kohli. Complete nonsense. Tendulkar isn't a far superior test bat to any player averaging over 50 in tests.
Good to know Voges and Karun Nair are modern greats

Shri

Mr. Glass
You have got no clue. 90s, atg pacers, atg spinners, helpful tracks etc.

trundler

This comparison doesn't even deserve a serious look. Not yet. Not anytime soon. It's simply ridiculous.

OverratedSanity

All stats are considered. Average is the most important one for a batsman funnily enough and you might have noticed I mentioned strike rate in limited overs in my post. But like the majority of fans of sport only their own opinion matters and they are incapable of respecting sensible opinions of others haha
Kohli > Tendulkar in tests just isn't a sensible opinion though.

trundler

Averages are meaningless without context. Kohli hasn't even done enough to be considered a great of the game, let alone merit a comparison Tendulkar of all people. Even in a far, far easier era with far, far fewer games he averages LESS. I'll go as far as to say Tendulkar was better at this point in his career than Kohli is.

vcs

FFS Kohli may not be up there with Sachin yet but he's not some nobody in Tests.

trundler

He's not. He's excellent but not great. He should be compared with the Fab 4 and ABD but not with high-order ATGs like Tendulkar. He needs to have a full career play out and I'm pretty sure he'll end up an ATG but this is a bad comparison as of yet