• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers tribute thread

slippy888

International Captain
I rate de Villiers up there among the greatest of all time batsman certainly in the top 10 he will be missed from South Africa cricket.

cnerd123

likes this
Reckon the Carribbean has the superior cuisine too, what with all the Indian influence. What does South Africa have outside of braai?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I rate de Villiers up there among the greatest of all time batsman certainly in the top 10 he will be missed from South Africa cricket.
Very much so... had a big impact in a number of the matches against India and Aus in recent series and help win both. Cant ask for more from a senior player. I just hope he plays for the Titans and passes his knowledge on to the youngsters..

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Sacrilege....

Dried red meat with a touch of salt, no other crap allowed... we not making jerky here.
Brown vinegar kills the bugs and adds just a hint of caramel.

Salt preserves and assists to dry it and adds taste to the meat.

Coriander adds the flavour that the salt lacks.

Chilli gives it the bite.

I may not be South African, but I know my (and have frequently made) my Biltong.

Food of the gods.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Yea but the Caribbean has Indian food + African food + Southern Food + Jerk Chicken

Its really no contest isnt it?

We've got some real South African food fans here - whose going to wave the flag for the Windies?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
My knowledge of South African food is that it consists of a gigantic dead animal thrown on a barbecue.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Yea but the Caribbean has Indian food + African food + Southern Food + Jerk Chicken

Its really no contest isnt it?

We've got some real South African food fans here - whose going to wave the flag for the Windies?
Whereever there is a major culutral exchange, the food normally improves. Your USA south is full of Carribean (with Indian and moreso African), Mexican, and USA (Euro with strong German roots) foods meeting.

cnerd123

likes this
Whereever there is a major culutral exchange, the food normally improves. Your USA south is full of Carribean (with Indian and moreso African), Mexican, and USA (Euro with strong German roots) foods meeting.
I do believe the USA has some of the best food in the world, but if lacks a truly authentic 'USA-ian' cuisine outside of, arguably, Southern cuisine.

South Africa is basically game meat over a fire. Pretty good but also limited

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I do believe the USA has some of the best food in the world, but if lacks a truly authentic 'USA-ian' cuisine outside of, arguably, Southern cuisine.

South Africa is basically game meat over a fire. Pretty good but also limited

North Eastern (NY etc) has a strong Jewish influence to the cuisine. And you're right, different ingredient availability and culture clashes has shaped USA to rather different in its cuisine pending the region.