• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Consolation: Man of the Match.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
There are a few cases of the openers finishing the game - but as no teams have lost with 0 down, the only way a team could bat through 50 overs without loss would be scoring the winning runs of the last ball.. not likely IMO.
They could bat through the overs when batting first. Eg. Ponting decides to bat, and Gilchrist and Hayden bat through the entire 50 overs and set a score of 400. Unlikely, given the nature of OD cricket, but a possibility.
This is closer to what I was referring to, shouldve made it clearer, sorry!

Sehwag309

Banned
Linda said:
They could bat through the overs when batting first. Eg. Ponting decides to bat, and Gilchrist and Hayden bat through the entire 50 overs and set a score of 400. Unlikely, given the nature of OD cricket, but a possibility.
This is closer to what I was referring to, shouldve made it clearer, sorry!
Closest I know is Ganguly/Tendulkar batting as openers till 43.6 Over V/S Lanka

Next again Ganguly/Tendulakr till 41.4 Over V/S Kenya

Last edited: