• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Groundking

International Debutant
Moeen should come in for Rashid regardless imo, it's obvious that Root doesn't trust Rashid, so what's the point of having him in the team ahead of a lad who's proven to be a very capable bat?

SeamUp

International Coach
Well Durham are a division one team who would have never been in division one but for penalties, and Middlesex are a division 1 (champion 2016) side whose arsehole seems to have completely fallen out!
I think you make a fair point that there is talent in division two. Kolpaks have also helped that.

You only have to look and see that Div 1 teams would and are interested in Raine/Chappell (Leics), Woakes/Stone/Brookes (Warks), Finn/Helm (Middlesex) , Wood/Stokes (Durham) , Gleeson (Northants), Archer/Jordan (Sussex) ,

Some good kolpaks/overseas too : Viljoen/Olivier/Rampaul/Ferguson (Derbys), Abbas (Leics), Patel/Sidebottom (Warks), Hogan/de Lange (Glamorgan), Henry (Kent)

I would say the most nothing attacks would be Gloucs & Kent.

The difference like WPDavid mentions is probably the sustained pressure. Who comes in for these guys when injured or not available too.

SeamUp

International Coach
Doesn’t matter what you look like, just what the scoreboard says. Everyone bats differently. Just look at Smith’s technique and average etc
Did I say it did anywhere or have a negative remark to make ?

Good luck to the lad. He derserves recognition if and when he gets it.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I think you make a fair point that there is talent in division two. Kolpaks have also helped that.

You only have to look and see that Div 1 teams would and are interested in Raine/Chappell (Leics), Woakes/Stone/Brookes (Warks), Finn/Helm (Middlesex) , Wood/Stokes (Durham) , Gleeson (Northants), Archer/Jordan (Sussex) ,

Some good kolpaks/overseas too : Viljoen/Olivier/Rampaul/Ferguson (Derbys), Abbas (Leics), Patel/Sidebottom (Warks), Hogan/de Lange (Glamorgan), Henry (Kent)

I would say the most nothing attacks would be Gloucs & Kent.

The difference like WPDavid mentions is probably the sustained pressure. Who comes in for these guys when injured or not available too.
Kent without Henry.

Durham's attack against Gloucestershire at Cheltenham in July was Stokes, Wood and Rushworth. Nobody is going to convince me that that is on paper at least significently below most division 1 attacks.

Durham were beaten haha - by about 40 runs.

Usual Durham propensity for collapsing and Wood being made of glass and knackered out on the first day.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Did I say it did anywhere or have a negative remark to make ?

Good luck to the lad. He derserves recognition if and when he gets it.
I never said you did. I'm just contributing to cricket discussion here. That's the only reason I post. Miyagi had been doing that, but got scared away by people that think this is a social contest or something. It's a cricket forum.

I think you realise this though by your measured response..

Whoever England pick I hope they make runs. I want England to win regardless of the side they pick. But it's nice to give yourself the best chance of winning (something England don't tend to do)

Jack1

International Debutant
Kent without Henry.

Durham's attack against Gloucestershire at Cheltenham in July was Stokes, Wood and Rushworth. Nobody is going to convince me that that is on paper at least significently below most division 1 attacks.

Durham were beaten haha - by about 40 runs.

Usual Durham propensity for collapsing and Wood being made of glass and knackered out on the first day.

Rushworth is a top bowler. Better than Wood in my book (in England).

SeamUp

International Coach
I never said you did. I'm just contributing to cricket discussion here. That's the only reason I post. Miyagi had been doing that, but got scared away by people that think this is a social contest or something. It's a cricket forum.

I think you realise this though by your measured response..

Whoever England pick I hope they make runs. I want England to win regardless of the side they pick. But it's nice to give yourself the best chance of winning (something England don't tend to do)
Just seemed like you thought I was critiquing him for the way he looks. Just wanted to make it clear I wasn't.

I just like passing judgement on style and who they remind me of.

Fair play. We all have our own styles of contributing on the forum too :D

AndrewB

I never said you did. I'm just contributing to cricket discussion here. That's the only reason I post. Miyagi had been doing that, but got scared away by people that think this is a social contest or something.
Miyagi was "banned for a year for non-stop sniping, feuding, personal attacks and all-round unpleasant behaviour. And also making a multi."

Jack1

International Debutant
Miyagi was "banned for a year for non-stop sniping, feuding, personal attacks and all-round unpleasant behaviour. And also making a multi."
I'm not that bothered why he was banned. I noticed a trend on here that he was getting attacked for just talking cricket. I'm not really surprised he eventually had enough considering how annoyingly aggressive some posters are here. Miyagi is/was certainly far more pleasant than many regulars here. I just put people on ignore if they are here to argue/be aggressive rather than talk cricket, as they are wasting my time. It's a cricket forum. Some people seem to be offended by people talking cricket on it.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Delighted that Moeen made his double ton. Looking forward to seeing how he bowls in Scarborough. Not sure it's noted as a Bunsen there...

AndrewB

Sure - I was just commenting on your suggestion that he was "scared away". I think he was still posting pretty frequently up until the ban.

Jack1

International Debutant
Sure - I was just commenting on your suggestion that he was "scared away". I think he was still posting pretty frequently up until the ban.
Fair enough.

Delighted that Moeen made his double ton. Looking forward to seeing how he bowls in Scarborough. Not sure it's noted as a Bunsen there...
I think England should pick him tbh, I'd slot him 3 and open with Vince and Burns (assuming Cook isn't available. Like I mentioned on the previous page). Slot Root 4 and work down. Can't go wrong picking a fair team even if the casuals will go nuts.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There's a couple of interesting finishes at the top of D1. Surrey have just been dismissed setting Lancashire 271, and Somerset set 326 against Essex, which should be plenty for Leach and Bess to defend, but Essex have started OK at 69 for 1.

S.Kennedy

Don't get me wrong, they both nick our players so I'm not that enamoured with either but Surrey are truly revolting.