• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Massive for Markram. Good start but a massive step up in quality and responsibility. He has the character to thrive with it though.

Niall

International Coach
Bumrah ahead of Ishant and Yadav? Interesting.

Good that him and Hardik are playing.
Proven test bowlers dropped along with the best batsman outside Asia for Rohit ****ing Sharma. Hope I am proved wrong, but this is ****ing dire.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't like the bumrah selection one bit. Ishant and Yadav have been bowling well for the most part and are suited to the conditions. Why throw a debutant in?

And I know Rahane is in piss poor form but I'd have given him the first test atleast. Think Rohit will do well but damn, not what I expected.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Proven test bowlers dropped along with the best batsman outside Asia for Rohit ****ing Sharma. Hope I am proved wrong, but this is ****ing dire.
The only thing that's proven about Ishant and Umesh are that they are at best average bowlers, Bumrah has more potential than either of those.

morgieb

Well Rahane did **** the bed against Sri Lanka and Sharma took his chance with both hands. Still a **** call mind you.

OverratedSanity

You disagree that he is a better bowler than Ishant and Umesh?
I don't think Bumrah is a test bowler's arsehole tbh. Ishant and Yadav aren't amazing but showed patches of real quality in the home season. And they're much more suited to SA conditions.

Teja.

Global Moderator
This is the dumbest possible series before which to drop Rahane. Pretty much the only conditions that he has a genuine huge utility edge in as a selection option over other seections.

I see him doing well in Australia too but a bunch of other Indian bats have the potential to similarly do well there.

**** this ****.

Kohli turning full HHH, getting into a position of authority, marrying upwards and immediately bringing out the shovel against guys who can foreseeablebly take his spot. :ph34r:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I don't think Bumrah is a test bowler's arsehole tbh. Ishant and Yadav aren't amazing but showed patches of real quality in the home season. And they're much more suited to SA conditions.
I'd let him actually play before making that sort of judgement. Seems fine to me.