• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India 2017

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's stopping India from scoring 700+ here

Doubt Virat will declare while he's still batting

Also, how many times have 4 batsmen tonned up in an innings?

srbhkshk

International Captain
I suppose there is no need to declare before lunch tomorrow, maybe 5-7 overs before lunch. 5+ sessions on a 4th/5th day pitch should be more than enough.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didnt Pandya want the rest? Saw an article that made it seem like that
He did. It makes it even worse imo. Is there an implicit understanding that he'll be picked for SA (since Kohli has made it clear for a while that he wants a fast bowling allrounder overseas) ? Don't know why he'd ask for a rest otherwise.

mr_mister

Rohit is still playing very fast and loose, so many shots in the air. I know he doesn't have to exactly knuckle down in this situation but it's very obvious he plays more short form cricket

srbhkshk

International Captain
Personally I'd fancy India's chances even if they give just the 5th day to the bowlers, no need for that obviously, but SL got that 952 against us, might be cool to have a go at it.

srbhkshk

International Captain
He did. It makes it even worse imo. Is there an implicit understanding that he'll be picked for SA (since Kohli has made it clear for a while that he wants a fast bowling allrounder overseas) ? Don't know why he'd ask for a rest otherwise.
There is no other fast bowling all rounder worth a place in the side, for better or for worse Hardik's almost a certainty.

mr_mister

what is this dumb talk from this kiwi idiot. Let Rohit make his test ton my god he hasnt got one in years

Gnske

This is honestly the most intelligent batting you'll ever see by Rohit, the Ashwin of batting.

I hope Kohli puts off declaring until he gets his hundred just because Rohit is such a bud.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
No mercy. Kohli should go for 400.
Every chance he can get that. I can't see any one of our boys actually doing anything that would result in a wicket.

Sad truth is that days like this are going to be the norm when we leave SL for the foreseeable future. Unless it's Pak and it's the UAE.

mr_mister

5 test double tons in a little under 18 months. Pretty special, I assume he's the only man to have done this

srbhkshk

International Captain
Every chance he can get that. I can't see any one of our boys actually doing anything that would result in a wicket.

Sad truth is that days like this are going to be the norm when we leave SL for the foreseeable future. Unless it's Pak and it's the UAE.
SL's best hope currently is Rohit/Kohli running the other one out. They are very proficient at it if I might add.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder what the chances of India breaking the 952 mark is. Certainly there's time to do so.

mr_mister

Rohit has averaged 75(including this current unbeaten knock) from his last 6 tests since his recall against the Windies last year

Seems like you can't really drop him based on that. Rahane might be in trouble after all? Or maybe they should only play one spinner. India are spoilt for choice though in the batting atm