• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wtf just happened to cricinfo

Kirkut

International Regular
Even the Wisden coverage of the game is gone. Whenever I would browse through scorecards of test series or world cup games from 70's & 80's there was always one Wisden article on that game describing the match environment and the pitch conditions.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's *hopefully* just something they haven't properly implement yet, and not a deliberate decision. Otherwise the site is dead to me.
Yeah I hope so too, together with all the broken links to pre-'03 seasons from the match archive page.

Can anyone else access news articles from the match page now? All the Wisden articles for older matches are inaccessible to me now, and I can't find any match coverage for newer matches either (for instance I find if you go on any scorecard for, say, the 2015 Ashes all the articles which were formerly in a list at the side are now inaccessible).

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So we can fairly say that it's US owned and operated as of now. Capitalism is heading over to the game that US hardly has an interest in.

OverratedSanity

Oh actually it is if you go back far enough. Wow.
You ****s didn't even do enough research before saying you liked it, did you?

Everything pre-2004 or so is gone. I do think it's temporary though. It wouldn't make any sense to purge half the useful stuff on your website for no reason.

Unless they're going for a paywall.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You ****s didn't even do enough research before saying you liked it, did you?
I was just talking about the aesthetics. I don't even particularly like those but I don't dislike them more than the last iteration.

If they're permanently removing content though then it's a disaster.

Unless they're going for a paywall.
I'll stump up for the paywall if I have to. I just want the old scorecards back. :(

Last edited:

Daemon

So I don't mind the scorecards page. I like that the points table can be viewed on the page itself. The little dropdown on the top left helps you to navigate scorecards in different series without needing to navigate to the series home page. Neat.

Commentary is bad. You can't view commentary for individual players anymore as far as I can tell. I use that feature a lot when I miss a great spell or a good innings.

The homepage kinda sucks. Visually unappealing. One massive picture from one match. Top headlines has been reduced to a little box as an afterthought with the headlines in tiny font. Going through the list feels like a chore. Just a bunch of words. Nothing captures the attention. The 2011-12 one was infinitely better.

Searching for a player shows you articles and not the profile of the player. That's criminal. No changes to the player profile page which is a relief.

Can't find the pre 2003 full scorecards and match reports as others have mentioned - hopefully just a temporary thing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricbuzz's format is pretty much exactly the same.

Cricrate had all Scorecards right? Viriya, come back. We need you.
I have all the FC scorecards since 2000 and all the Test scorecards.

Cricketarchive has them all too but it's paywalled. I might have to subscribe if cricinfo doesn't fix what it's just done.

the big bambino

International Captain
I can get used to the vomit of stories on the first page but I cant find old records or the wisdens section. But I can still google up a prior match or type in the season I want to look at. I've just tried to track down the wisdens and search term cricinfo wisden seems to do it.

OverratedSanity

I can get used to the vomit of stories on the first page but I cant find old records or the wisdens section. But I can still google up a prior match or type in the season I want to look at. I've just tried to track down the wisdens and search term cricinfo wisden seems to do it.
Yeah this is what makes me feel it's temporary.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I’m usually philosophical about redesigns like this but removing full scorecards for 20th century cricket matches? That’s a deal-braker for mine.

I’ve hardly ever been to Cricbuzz, think I might be trying that from now on.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Re: Switch-Hit Cricket show, I was wondering why there hadn’t been a new show after the 1st or 2nd Tests; has that being basically put out to pasture as part of this “redesign”?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I’m usually philosophical about redesigns like this but removing full scorecards for 20th century cricket matches? That’s a deal-braker for mine.

I’ve hardly ever been to Cricbuzz, think I might be trying that from now on.
I don't think Cricbuzz really do much old stuff either. They barely do domestic cricket at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the fact that it lists DNBs and has a "BOWLING" header with nothing inside it does suggest that it's a temporary thing until they fix it, as opposed to a deliberate decision to remove the content.