• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah don't think that he isn't,but for me he's got a massive cloud hanging over his head until he sets that record straight.
He's definitely got some flaws in his technique which will hinder him abroad but he makes up for it in other ways. I think he's got the game to be a decent if not spectacular player overseas.

Good thing about him is even if he doesn't get a lot of runs he can usually be relied upon to occupy the crease for a while against the new ball, making it easier for kohli and the rest.

DriveClub

International Regular
Not something I'm worried about. Also his overall value is much more than the runs he scores, his ability to play out deliveries in difficult conditions is very important.
Also Indias best player against spin, certainly valuable in subcontinent

cnerd123

likes this
He's definitely got some flaws in his technique which will hinder him abroad but he makes up for it in other ways. I think he's got the game to be a decent if not spectacular player overseas.

Good thing about him is even if he doesn't get a lot of runs he can usually be relied upon to occupy the crease for a while against the new ball, making it easier for kohli and the rest.
Yea the thing with Pujara's overseas record is that he has played a lot of cricket outside of the SC when out of form, and yet managed to constantly string together those 20 and 30 run innings where he spent a lot of time on the crease and blunted the threat of the new ball. He just looked really scratchy while doing it, and then wasn't able to kick on.

He's such a quality Test cricketer than even his bad performances are not that bad.

OverratedSanity

This is pretty disappointing. Should've been targeting 600. It'd still possible if Jadeja gets going but doesn't look likely.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
These two have the opportunity to play a long innings. Whether they've been instructed to do otherwise remains to be seen. But Ideally India should declare close to tea or after it if they can.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Excellent spell from Pradeep. Single handedly keeping SL in the game so far, somewhat. And Contra, I dont think Jaddu and Pandya need to be instructed to play their shots. That is just how they will play when instructed to bat normally. If you want them to stay in for a while,t hat is when they need to be instructed to try and protect their wicket and stay there for a while.

DriveClub

International Regular
I don't think this pitch is that flat tbh its super slow but lots of spongy carry for pacers, well directed short balls will be hard to play here

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent spell from Pradeep. Single handedly keeping SL in the game so far, somewhat. And Contra, I dont think Jaddu and Pandya need to be instructed to play their shots. That is just how they will play when instructed to bat normally. If you want them to stay in for a while,t hat is when they need to be instructed to try and protect their wicket and stay there for a while.
Still, there is a difference between playing your natural game and decleration batting, and sometimes I feel Jadeja doesn't get the opportunity to just bat. It's important for India to let him develop his batting as it will be needed when we go overseas.

Take a look at Ashwin's innings, he was almost a run a ball without trying to actively attack, Jadeja and Pandya can do the same without being told to do so.

vcs

Just play out one more session and we should be fine.

Good comeback by Sri Lanka today. Still they're always playing catchup at this stage.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was okay with Pandya's selection when I thought he was going to bat six. There's no way he's going to be more useful in the role he was picked in than Bhuvi though.