• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Future of Test Cricket

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kinda weird how everyone is so concerned about test cricket and yet pretty much everyone was taking the piss on SL touring India for the first time in like 7-8 years.
Awta. We're a bunch of hypocrites and part of the problem imo. Brushing off the SL series as a non event even though they were probably more competitive here than any team bar Australia, NZ vs WI barely got any attention here because of the ashes, etc. Its fine for a laugh if you say you didn't want to watch these series but then don't say you're annoyed about the ftp. Massively hypocritical.

MediumFast

Cricket Spectator
The Ashes should have been a 5-Test match battle between the two best sides in the world in SA,Aus or Eng depending on neutrality.

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
I'm looking at crossing the border for some international cricket in Leeds next year so had a look online. Seems there's a Test v Pakistan and an ODI v India.

While I'd love to see India, I'm only parting with my hard-earned for real cricket. Those dismissing the notion of voting with feet should think again. If more shunned white-ball cricket for the real thing, just watch sponsors and administrators fall in line.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm looking at crossing the border for some international cricket in Leeds next year so had a look online. Seems there's a Test v Pakistan and an ODI v India.

While I'd love to see India, I'm only parting with my hard-earned for real cricket. Those dismissing the notion of voting with feet should think again. If more shunned white-ball cricket for the real thing, just watch sponsors and administrators fall in line.
High summer is clogged full of one-day rubbish with the tests at bookends - like the county championship also and is it any wonder we do not produce paceman and spinners now? The Indian series doesn't get started till August. I do think the Pakistanis are being ill-served here with the ECB serving up a mere two tests in May/June considering they held England to a 2-2 draw just a few summers ago. Good series that was.

Five one-dayers against the Australians!!