• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South African Domestic Season 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Seamup: Have you seen much of Kaber's spin? He's got his work cut out for him with Shamsi and von Berg for Titans already; wonder if he's considered moving to Lions, but then there's Phangiso and Bjorn...
Seen bits of him. Tough to say if he can step up a level in the longer forms as only seen him in T20 but he looked to be able to spin the ball both ways.

Got signed by the CT Knight Riders in the Global T20 so would have been good to see him at a higher level.

Bahseph

State Captain
Frylinck with the cool finish yesterday. The Dolphins nearly screwed the chase up with that batting order. Phehlukwayo I understand but Sibs Makhanya should never bat above Frylinck in that situation.

Savage was disappointing. Luckily the Dolphins have a plethora of all rounders.

SeamUp

International Coach
Frylinck with the cool finish yesterday. The Dolphins nearly screwed the chase up with that batting order. Phehlukwayo I understand but Sibs Makhanya should never bat above Frylinck in that situation.

Savage was disappointing. Luckily the Dolphins have a plethora of all rounders.
Frylinck is turning into a bit of a hero for the Dolphins. That Cobras attack was weak so the Dolphins would have been disappointed if they didn't win on that wicket especially with the start.

Savage was really poor. He seems to get an injury , make his come back with strong performances and start well on his re-introduction to Dolphins and then just fade.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Frylinck is turning into a bit of a hero for the Dolphins. That Cobras attack was weak so the Dolphins would have been disappointed if they didn't win on that wicket especially with the start.

Savage was really poor. He seems to get an injury , make his come back with strong performances and start well on his re-introduction to Dolphins and then just fade.
That Cobras attack is actually an embarrassment....

My Warriors play tonight, hopefully they continue punching above their weight.

SeamUp

International Coach
That Cobras attack is actually an embarrassment....

My Warriors play tonight, hopefully they continue punching above their weight.
Nice partnership on the go between Smuts and Vallie.

Looking forward to see how Nortje's getting along.

Looks like Warriors have taken the decision to leave out under-performing Ackerman and senior bowler Birch (to allow Nortje to play)

BTW Wiaan Mulder back from injury.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Of that line-up, Nabe and Linde are in the top 10 wicket takers. Nabe has come from absolute nowhere it seems and done rather well; looked innocuous but definitely got results...

Bahseph

State Captain
Pretty sure Robbie is nearing cult hero status in Durban now. Really great to see Mulder back. Hopefully we have a tight game on our hands here.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
After the highs of his county season, Harmer being outbowled by Jonjon, who's a batsman who bowls (more and more)...

SeamUp

International Coach
Of that line-up, Nabe and Linde are in the top 10 wicket takers. Nabe has come from absolute nowhere it seems and done rather well; looked innocuous but definitely got results...
You watch Nabe bowl and to me he is taking up a potential future Protea spot for the long run ie Lizaad Williams, Dayyaan Galiem, Michael Cohen, Brandon Glover - That should be the point of domestic cricket. Take Nortje today. He bowled 7 top overs and 3 overs at the death got punished and ended up with no wickets but you can't tell me there is not more to work with to go to the next level than Nabe.

Also the worry I have is, you have guys like Pieter Malan, Rassie van der Dussen, Andrea Agathangelou, Dominic Hendricks scoring runs in franchise cricket. What has changed from their original run in the team other than standard. They haven't improved so drastically.

We have our 'A' side being beaten comfortably by our competitors England, India and SA which never was the case. These are the reasons for that.

But it is what it is. We got to hope we keep producing the individual talent with good mind-sets.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I noticed during the first test the games then weren't shown either.

These games are a day before the test match and I am sure we have plenty cameraman so it's quite poor.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I noticed during the first test the games then weren't shown either.

These games are a day before the test match and I am sure we have plenty cameraman so it's quite poor.
I was thinking this might be it.... don't want to many cricket games on at once, might confuse the viewer?

SeamUp

International Coach
I was thinking this might be it.... don't want to many cricket games on at once, might confuse the viewer?
Yeah, probably thinking what's the point with the test match on and minimal viewing.

But these games are before the test.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, probably thinking what's the point with the test match on and minimal viewing.

But these games are before the test.
Is the viewing that minimal? I pretty much leave my TV on the SS2 cricket channel. ... but then I suppose I`m not a good statistical average in SA, in many ways.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see a young batsman (Rivaldo) score some runs, and how consistent has David Miller been over the past few months? Scoring runs in all three formats.