• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moin Khan in Last ODI

Sehwag309

Banned
I am confused about Moin Khan's decision.

In the 5th ODI, Sehwag bowled a wide, Moin Swept it. It went for 4 wides, Moin told the umpire that he hit it, umpire realized and he gave 4 runs to Moins name. But in a chase, why did moin want 4 runs in his name where he was getting an extra ball?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Moin Khan is one of the true gentlemen of the sport. His desire to see fair play meant that he had to sacrifice 5 runs and an extra ball for his team, in its place accepting the small consolation of an additional four runs to his own aggregate. It is conceivable that, had the match depended upon such a decision, it could have cost himself and his team-mates thousands of dollars, but I'm sure that he would have still made such a sacrifice.

(and I kept a straight face the whole time I was typing that explanation)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it was either. I think Moin Khan genuinely thought he hit it. He may not be the greatest of characters all the time, but I give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of fair play in that situation.