• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly on Akhter!!!!!!

'It was not an easy wicket to bat on'

Anand Vasu in Rawalpindi

March 16, 2004
Shoaib Akhtar may have thrilled his home crowd with a vigorous bowling performance in his 100th one-dayer, but he will not enjoy reading what Sourav Ganguly had to say. When asked whether all of Shoaib Akhtar's deliveries were legal, Ganguly said, "What do you think, watching on TV? I think we all know the answer, don't we?" Despite India's 12-run loss Ganguly was as belligerent as ever when he spoke to the press soon after the second one-dayer.

Well isn't Ganguly calling Akhter a chucker???

Swervy

International Captain
vandemataram said:

Anand Vasu in Rawalpindi

March 16, 2004
Shoaib Akhtar may have thrilled his home crowd with a vigorous bowling performance in his 100th one-dayer, but he will not enjoy reading what Sourav Ganguly had to say. When asked whether all of Shoaib Akhtar's deliveries were legal, Ganguly said, "What do you think, watching on TV? I think we all know the answer, don't we?" Despite India's 12-run loss Ganguly was as belligerent as ever when he spoke to the press soon after the second one-dayer.

the amount of crap that ganguly speaks should be made illegal

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vandemataram said:

Anand Vasu in Rawalpindi

March 16, 2004

What exactly did he say there to suggest he think Shoaib a chucker?

He said, "What do you think, watching on TV? I think we all know the answer, don't we?" That could easily mean that he thinks his action to be blatantly legal. Admittedly that's the unlikely side of the coin, but people are way to quick to jump on Ganguly, even for an ambiguous statement.

Bouncer

State Regular
This is the most stupid statement i have ever heard from a Captain.:O may be he thinks he can disturb akhter psychologically.
Lets see what happens in next game when he batting against akhter

masterblaster

International Captain
There is nothing wrong with that statement.

Its just stupidly ambiguous!

There is nothing in that statement that suggests that Ganguly has branded Shoaib Akhtar a 'chucker'.

There is nothing in that statement that suggests Ganguly has branded Shoaib Akhtar 'perfectly legal'.

Its just a very stupid statement.

You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Who cares what Ganguly said?

I for sure as hell dont.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, how I wish Shoaib Akhtar were Indian........

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
If the statement is stupidly ambiguous then there must be something wrong with it. I think Ganguly said that because of some purpose, maybe he's playing mind games and trying to pressurize Akhter.

Ganguly is so so stupid, doesn't he know that the views of people watching the TV and even the umpires supervising the match counts for NOTHING. The experts are sitting in university of Western Australia, they are the respectable ones who decides as to who chucks or not!

Choora

State Regular
Mind games are fine but Ganguly should be a bit careful, as i don't want the Indian team to lose support over there from Pak crowd.

So far the crowd over there has been amazingly wonderful. Even though Balaji had a poor game, he was bowled over by the support he got from the Pindi crowd.

I thought i was the only fan, but it looks like Balaji has many fans accross the border:saint:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
There's no doubt there that Ganguly was having a dig at Ahktar but at least it wasn't a full out attack on him.

Without actually seeing the Ganguly comment on tv, it looks as though things might be starting to get a little heated between the two teams.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
But why ask him in the first place....... The whole media is BS.

anyway unless some one saw it on the tele we cant even be sure whether it happened at all

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Errr, there's a bit more to this than this comment. In isolation, there's nothing wrong with it but when taken in the contaxt of Ganguly's previous opinions on Akhtar, it's pretty clear he thinks he chucks and was saying so without actually saying so.

When taken in that context, his comment isn't really ambiguous at all.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I think that if gangers means what we all think he means then it is a very irresponsible captain's comment, however if he doesn't mean what we all think he means, then what on earth is he talking about?

Imagine Pak team visiting India and Pak captain expressing doubt over Sachin's talent or saying anything negative about Sachin! I think that team would be pelted with stones and water bottle by the crowd during the match.

Ganguly didn't utter much but was enough to put doubt, and thatw as his attention. Unfortunately that isn't going to please anyone in Pak and the feeling of goodwill might die soon over there.

Ganguly is interestingly making more news "off the ground" than on the field. His demand that the Indian security personal first test the fod themselves(to rule out poisonous food) before he could have it ****ed off the hotel management.I think Ganguly should focus more on his game than getting involve in other things.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
ganguly is a joke.....the guy is seriously an idiot....
the ammount of time and effort that he puts in the conference roo taking to the media....he should put this effort into his game which is appauling....
he should rightly be given the title of "THE BIGGEST CRY BABY IN CRICKET."

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
originally posted by reallycrazy:

Ganguly's gonna score a 100 in the next match at Lahore

yeah right.....gud joke....and by the way mate....the next odi is at peshawar and not lahore

ReallyCrazy said:
Ganguly's gonna score a 100 in the next match at Lahore :)
I thought the next match was in Peshawar, and even if he does score 100 , what has it to do with his comments on Akhter?

Seriously Ganguly shouldn't had demanded the boundary lines to be extended at the Pindi ground (these things are taken care off by ICC personal and the host cricket board only).Maybe a smaller cricket field would have helped him score more runs!

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
onemangang said:
I thought the next match was in Peshawar, and even if he does score 100 , what has it to do with his comments on Akhter?

Seriously Ganguly shouldn't had demanded the boundary lines to be extended at the Pindi ground (these things are taken care off by ICC personal and the host cricket board only).Maybe a smaller cricket field would have helped him score more runs!
Ganguly is so arrogant and an idiot by saying such comments.Whats he gonna say next sami chucks:lol: