• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Warne get a One Day recall? Should he?

Swervy

International Captain
Andre said:
Warne will come out of ODI retirement after his summer at Hampshire is over.

You heard it here first.

its an interesting one...if Australia look after Warne (and assuming maybe Warne wants to play ODI again), do you think Warney might try and play on to the 2007 World Cup (seeing as he missed out last time)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite possibly, yes, and he'd deserve it if he did.
But he'd probably have to give-up Tests before that, which would also be a shame.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Two rubbish part-time fingerspinners and one of the worst wristies I've ever seen! Sure, they're likely to do well!
I don't know that we can be certain that Warne will still be playing in 2007, so personally I'm not sure I'd bother coming out of retirement if I were him. Certainly he's still likely to be every bit as good a one-day bowler as he was pre-suspension, but I personally would prefer it if he just concentrated on the Test game as far as internationals are concerned.
I would say Hogg is just as good as Chris Schofield.

Ian Salisbury isnt that flash either.

PY

International Coach
Ford_GTHO351 said:
I hate it when people (like you) say ODI's are meaningless.

Both ODI's and Test Matches hold equal importance!
I would argue to the contrary.

He has something to aim for with Tests ie leading wicket taker whereas for ODI the only thing that any of them care about is the World Cup and I doubt Warne will be around for 2007.

I reckon he should concentrate on his Test career and elongate that by not playing ODI.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Ford_GTHO351 said:
I hate it when people (like you) say ODI's are meaningless.

Both ODI's and Test Matches hold equal importance!
I don't agree.

Test are more important as there is less of an overkill of them.

Craig

World Traveller
Salisbury better then Clarke and Symonds?

Well then yes. But the English duo I was making a reference to Brad Hogg.