• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playing Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
I know, that's exactly what I was saying - sometimes irony is hard to convey over the 'net.
Of course not every bowler with a poor action will get constant injuries (Colin Croft never had any problems IIRR) but generally there will be far more injuries despite perfectly decent actions than there will be players getting away with bad actions.
Another case is that left-armer Mitchell Johnson, he gets injured an incredible amount, but I've never hear anyone blame his action. Never seen it myself, though.
Never seen Johnson myself.

They say he is very quick.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr. Ponting said:
HA! Got you here Richard.

Inness is the only one you've seen, and if you are going by stats, Cleary and Tait and Rofe are VERY close to him in 4 Day cricket and far exceed Inness in OD cricket.

You CANNOT make comparisons. Stuck you down a hole there, didn't I?:D :saint:
What on Earth gives you the idea I've never seen Rofe?
Have I ever mentioned that?
Inness and Rofe both have longer-term records than Tait and Cleary, so hence I place more value on them. Plus I've never heard anything about Tait or Cleary's extraordinary ability with unorthodox movement techniques. I haven't about Rofe either, but I have seen something to indicate that he can use them.
I've never mentioned the one-day game so don't try to bring that into it.
Most of the stuff I've ever heard about Tait is raving about his pace. Cleary, never heard any extraordinary praise of him but he must have done somothing right in his first handful of First-Class games.