• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debuts & Retirements draft

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Wait, I'm last in both rounds? Geez, how is that fair? Going to be left with players who were more well known for their manly moustaches than their cricket achievements.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry mate, it is a bit stiff but the first two rounds had already been drawn before you entered. From round three onward you'll be part of the RNG with everyone else.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Is it really that difficult to just add one more person and simply reverse the list for round 2? Just seems harsh because I was a late entry.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, it is harsh bro.

What I can do is offer to put you first in rounds 3 & 4, bypassing the RNG, which would even out this discrepancy.

However, if someone thinks this isn't good for the game please let me know.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Agreed, it is harsh bro.

What I can do is offer to put you first in rounds 3 & 4, bypassing the RNG, which would even out this discrepancy.

However, if someone thinks this isn't good for the game please let me know.
just give the double pick, frig

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Right then. There is a very astonishing line of ATG batsmen one could follow in this draft. And to my surprise, judging by the earlier picks, no one seemed to have realised it. Until OverratedSanity made his pick. Lucky bastard. Has the pick of the round as far as I'm concerned.

Will have to see what I end up with. Have back tracked a lot of my favourite players from the more well known eras and it's given me a headache trying to pick a team like that. So will use a new method. Just pick from what's available and hope for the best down the line.

The Grumpy Mondays

Billy Barnes (1880-1890)
Hugh Trumble (1890-1904)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 1

AndrewB - George Lohmann (1886 - 1896)
Howe_zat - WG Grace (1880 - 1899)
Red Hill - CTB Turner (1887 - 1895)
morgieb - Fred Spofforth (1877 - 1887)
J_C - Johnny Briggs (1884 - 1899)
harsh.ag - Billy Gunn (1887 - 1899)
jimmy101 - Bobby Peel (1884 - 1896)
Coronis - Jack Blackham (1877 - 1894)
mr_mister - Jack Worrall (1885 - 1899)
honestbharani - JJ Ferris (1887 - 1892)
OverratedSanity - Bobby Abel (1888 - 1902)
shearzie - Arthur Shrewsbury (1881 - 1893)
AndyZaltzHair - George Giffen (1882- 1896)
Grumpy - Billy Barnes (1880-1890)

Round 2

Grumpy - Hugh Trumble (1890-1904)
AndyZaltzHair - Clem Hill (1896- 1912)
shearzie
OverratedSanity
honestbharani
mr_mister
Coronis
jimmy101
harsh.ag
J_C
morgieb
Red Hill
Howe_zat
AndrewB

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right then. There is a very astonishing line of ATG batsmen one could follow in this draft. And to my surprise, judging by the earlier picks, no one seemed to have realised it. Until OverratedSanity made his pick. Lucky bastard. Has the pick of the round as far as I'm concerned.

Will have to see what I end up with. Have back tracked a lot of my favourite players from the more well known eras and it's given me a headache trying to pick a team like that. So will use a new method. Just pick from what's available and hope for the best down the line.

The Grumpy Mondays

Billy Barnes (1880-1890)
Hugh Trumble (1890-1904)
lol i literally chose a player i'd never heard of just so I could jump onto this line of ATG batsmen you're referring to

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry for late.

George Giffen 1882- 1896
Clem Hill 1896- 1912
Sneaky bastard. Missing picks intentionally and then getting a double pick next round can be a legit tactic here since you eliminate the uncertainty of your next pick. Not saying you're doing that, mind.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
in situations like this where the 3 people ahead of me are choosing from separate years to me, can I just make my pick whenever to avoid missing my choice?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just wait Mr, the selections made by the people picking before you might affect who you actually end up picking.

Btw, well played Andy, I was totally gonna pick Hill myself.