• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 teams of the year announced

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think you might be using this meme too often. It's still amusing to me but you can't keep going back to the well thus much.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, it includes the India tour of Australia, but also Australia in the UAE, where Younis was a legit God.

Niall

International Coach
That Amla inclusion in the ODI team is absolutely farcical. I don't care if he gunned it in bilateral series (he failed in Australia and India so he didn't) but he bottled it once again in the world cup and is included. :laugh:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think you might be using this meme too often. It's still amusing to me but you can't keep going back to the well thus much.
This is pretty much what Gob does tbf. At least this meme is funny; the "compare Smith to Kane in every thread" meme was just annoying.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That Amla inclusion in the ODI team is absolutely farcical. I don't care if he gunned it in bilateral series (he failed in Australia and India so he didn't) but he bottled it once again in the world cup and is included. :laugh:
Who would you put in - Guptill, Warner or Soumya Sarkar? Or Williamson as an opener?

These are stats for 2015 calendar (not qualifying period) - but really surprised to see Shoaib Malik with the 3rd highest average this year behind the almost Bradmanesque performances of Sanga and AB.

Cricket Records | Records | 2015 | One-Day Internationals | Most runs | ESPN Cricinfo

McCullum, AB and Maxwell with some pretty ridiculous strike rates. AB averaging almost 3 sixes per game.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Minnow basher in the world cup too :p

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And to think OS goes around accusing everyone else on CW for ignoring Younis. Tsk tsk.
Yeah it's a cliche that extends far beyond CW. Dravid, Bhogle, Warne, Bob Willis will talk about how YK is so underrated and doesn't get his due every time he scores a hundred or reaches a milestone. And then when it comes to selecting a team of great batsmen, they will forget about him and pick the big names :laugh: :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
Who would you put in - Guptill, Warner or Soumya Sarkar? Or Williamson as an opener?

These are stats for 2015 calendar (not qualifying period) - but really surprised to see Shoaib Malik with the 3rd highest average this year behind the almost Bradmanesque performances of Sanga and AB.

Cricket Records | Records | 2015 | One-Day Internationals | Most runs | ESPN Cricinfo

McCullum, AB and Maxwell with some pretty ridiculous strike rates. AB averaging almost 3 sixes per game.
I'd pick Guptil who was top scorer in the world cup so it is silly he is excluded. He did not just bully associates,, his double against West Indies was awesome and a match winning innings in a knock out game, something which Amla did not accomplish again.:ph34r:

I'd also argue that Rohit Sharma should be pissed off to be excluded as unlike Amla he actually contributed something in the knock out matches and was pretty consistent all year.

So yeah Amla doesn't deserve to be in the side whatsoever.:@

Last edited: