• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Challenge of pakistan

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Choora said:
What is the purpose of this thread? Mudslinging?

JUst because someone is getting reverse swing doesn't mean he can be labelled a cheat:rolleyes: , that too without any evidence.If that is the case then Waseem Akram also becomes a cheat since he is master of reverse swing, i guess Zaheer Khan,Pathan and Nehra shouldn't be allowed by Indian board to go near Akram:rolleyes: .

Frankly the post was nothing but a load of bull.

u know u dont really have to post and waste ur time if it was all bull.

and to all guys complaiing about indian making videos the recent vb series was full of advertisement for aus greateast hit DVDS, so stop complaiing everyone does it and in all sports.

zohaib

Cricket Spectator
Similarly in 1989, Javed Miandad went on the back foot to cut me, the ball came in and hit him plumb in front but the umpire was unmoved. After some time, I just became numb. I knew it was pointless even to appeal. You become resigned to your fate.
BULL****!.The whole of 89 series was umpired by Holder and Palmer on insistance of Imraan Khan this guy is a ****in liar just trying to hide his mediocre performances.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
halsey said:
No, everyone makes videos of their victories, it was not to anger a set of people.

Example: Man. United 6-1 Arsenal. :D

That was not made to anger Arsenal fans, to celebrate a great victory.
Why do you want to pee me off so much. What have you got against me. By the way Manure 1- 1 Leeds :lol: :lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: Re: Challenge of pakistan

Swervy said:
But as Richard says, that is impossible a bowler cannot work on a batters frustrations:D
No, I never said that, I just said he doesn't deserve any credit for it if you ask me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Even England made video's and dvd's of their success ... and when they beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka back in 2000.
Really?
Does anyone else know of this?

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
hav u got proof this article is true or not and not just made up for the fun of it?:rolleyes:

wats the site for these ridiculous comments made?:duh:

Choora

State Regular
harry674 said:
u know u dont really have to post and waste ur time if it was all bull.

and to all guys complaiing about indian making videos the recent vb series was full of advertisement for aus greateast hit DVDS, so stop complaiing everyone does it and in all sports.

The guy who wasted time was the one who posted the whole article, i find it necessary to give a fair opinion on it .I'm sure most Indians wouldn't like to be part of this senseless mudslinging.

Prof_Lupin

Cricket Spectator
No I definatly don't want to. Hey you remember, India made a video of the India v. Australia thriller in 01 with the duo in Kolkata. This was definatly for profit (can make $$) and b/c it was sold in India, to make India proud.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Choora said:
The guy who wasted time was the one who posted the whole article, i find it necessary to give a fair opinion on it .I'm sure most Indians wouldn't like to be part of this senseless mudslinging.
good try but not all people all were involved in mudslinging

infact some people liked it (Langeveldt) and read carefully why they liked it.

i dont really understand the purpose of ur two whine posts

honestly i think they were load of bull :rolleyes:

Choora

State Regular
harry674 said:
good try but not all people all were involved in mudslinging

infact some people liked it (Langeveldt) and read carefully why they liked it.

i dont really understand the purpose of ur two whine posts

Never said that all people were involved in it, just one guy was involved in it.

Lang here must have been a life saver for you. Interestingly you were able to post an absud aticle but wasn't able to undestand criticism on it??
honestly i think they were load of bull
I thought this guy didn't even get it!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Yeah Richard, it was available on the CricInfo Online Store a couple of years back, not sure if it is now.
Right.
Shame, I've got the "special lookback at England's historic victory in Pakistan" but the Sri Lanka series was by far the better one. I always assumed that because it was less historic and the victory itself slightly less dramatic (run-chase finishing in dark compared to 23 wickets on the third and final day on a wet wicket) there was never one made.
Was it only available on CricShop, does anyone know. B'cos I certainly got the Pakistan one from a shop.

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
What is the purpose of this thread? Mudslinging?
is "MUDSLINGING" ur favourite word, or is it the only word u know......

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Another perspective

DOWN MEMORY LANE: MOHD AZHARUDDIN

‘A career in the balance, till I came to grips with it’

ASHISH SHUKLA

Mohammad Azharuddin, whose brilliance made the bat a living instrument rather than a piece of wood, visited Pakistan twice, in 1989-90 and 1997. Both times he went as batsman, on either side of his spell as captain. He was witness to two defining moments, both of which impacted on Indian cricket, and reminisces on them, and other memories of Pakistan...

Zaheer’s role in my career relaunch

It wasn’t the easiest of tours to approach. I was struggling with my batting. It had come to a stage when I couldn’t send the ball outside the square. Hard as I tried there was no timing, little rhythm or power. Over the years, some errors had crept into my batting. I was trying everything, using long bats and heavy bats, speaking to fellow cricketers and coaches. But nothing helped.

On the eve of the first Test in Karachi, I remember sharing my problem with Zaheer Abbas. He suggested me to go for a ‘‘round-grip’’ on the bat, rather than an orthodox grip. He gave me radical advice — to grip both hands tight on the bat. It wasn’t the orthodox way, where the top hand — the guiding hand — is closed tight, while the bottom hand is expected to follow the direction.

I thought about it and told myself since I had tried everything, I might as well try this out too. Initially, I felt very uncomfortable with the grip. But I persisted and my batting was almost immediately revived. I made 35 each in the two innings of the Tests and my subsequent innings produced 109, 77 and 52 in succession. I finished with 312 from four Tests with a century and two half centuries against an attack which included Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis, among others.

What was more, I began to score a lot of my runs in boundaries. It continued on subsequent tours to New Zealand and England — that 192 in Auckland and a hundred at Lord’s. I was getting my centuries off 95, 100 balls.

I really feel that relaunched my career. The essence of that advice was simple: batsmen who use their wrists need a similar type of co-ordination between hands to be successful. VVS Laxman follows a similar style.

Fast bowling and a sprained neck

The Imran of 1989 was still very quick. The bounce and pace of the wickets also helped them. I remember walking out to partner Sanjay Manjrekar in a one-day game at Sialkot with two wickets down and not a run on the board. Wasim Akram bowled me four vicious bouncers in succession. I avoided them successfully — but at the cost of a sprained neck that hurt for six-seven months. A couple of one-dayers were rain-affected and the last one in Karachi was abandoned because of that Srikkanth-scuffle episode. I don’t think sledging was an issue. Nor umpiring, because it was the first series when neutral umpires were witnessed from both ends. There was no question of ball-tampering either.

A lot of warmth, a lot of pressure

It was very hospitable. The food especially was very, very rich. I remember trying out four or five new dishes which I enjoyed a lot. Security wasn’t very intrusive either. In Pakistan it could become a factor after the game when you are trying to relax and there are not many options you have. There is also this pressure of an India-Pakistan game. Mostly, it is because we don’t play often. Then the way people react, you do get conscious about performance in the middle.

The trick is to focus on the cricket

My advice to the Indian team is simple. They should keep thinking about their game and plans and not allow themselves to be distracted by issues other than cricket. If they could select the right team and keep their entire focus on the game, there is no reason why can’t they do well.

(Cricket News)

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
the first maninder singh article was nothing but excuses excuses excuses.
why dnt people stop referriing to ball tampering......just because no one else but the pakistanis could swing it does not mean that it was ball tampering
people should stop their winging and find a method of tackling it
this time its gonna be shoaib sending the stumps flying courtesy of good old pakistani reverse swing

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
that's funny coz every time shoaib gets few wickets he says he gets em through "sheer pace" only...never reverse swing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's just because that's what everyone wants to hear.
He's a fool if he really believes that. Because anyone with any sense knows that sheer pace does not take wickets when you're up against the best.

yohanna

Banned
that's funny coz every time shoaib gets few wickets he says he gets em through "sheer pace" only...never reverse swing
Actually Akhter gets lot of wickets these days, and only once he said he got the wickets coz of sheer pace (in the recent Pak-Bang series).

That's just because that's what everyone wants to hear.He's a fool if he really believes that. Because anyone with any sense knows that sheer pace does not take wickets when you're up against the best.
No, he said that because the wickets in Pak was totally dead and Akhter had to get Bangladesh batters out by his sheer pace. His comments did bear fruit and PCB hired an Englishmen to prepare better wickets!

Swervy

International Captain
yohanna said:
Actually Akhter gets lot of wickets these days, and only once he said he got the wickets coz of sheer pace (in the recent Pak-Bang series).

That's just because that's what everyone wants to hear.He's a fool if he really believes that. Because anyone with any sense knows that sheer pace does not take wickets when you're up against the best.
No, he said that because the wickets in Pak was totally dead and Akhter had to get Bangladesh batters out by his sheer pace. His comments did bear fruit and PCB hired an Englishmen to prepare better wickets!
so did he not reverse swing the ball then