• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Caps/Hats for international players?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah there is a culture.I have never seen an uncapped sub fielder in England wearing a hat of England
There are special baggy greens for subs/uncapped 12th men that aren't real baggy greens but look alike.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do the players get a new test cap and 'captaincy' blazer for every test they play or do they use the same one? I wonder this as Steve Waugh used the same test cap all the time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If a player has played 100 tests, does he get 100 test caps or just one at the beginning..

Smith got a captaincy blazer in the first clip. How many of those does the captain get over his career, if he captained in 25 tests, say.

cnerd123

likes this
Yes. Every cricketer gets a brand new hat, blazer and kit for every game they play. Sachin Tendulkar has a bungalow on the outskirts of Mumbai filled with just his old kits and nothing else.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll put Pratters out of his misery.

One Baggy Green per player, unless you lose it. I imagine blazers could be done on a tour-by-tour basis, as shirts often are, but that does seem somewhat wasteful.

Back in the old days they used to give out a Baggy Green per tour, but given all the old blokes just ended up hocking 'em for cash when they were in their 80s, I think CA wanted to bring back the mythology and rarity (and increase the re-sale value of the things) by limiting it to just the one.