• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test Centuries in Australia since 2000

Gob

International Coach
Mod Yousef's MCG ton stiff to miss out. Was facing a truly awesome attack and also was a sort of a knock Pakistan wanted after gettting routed by McGrath in the previous game

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
God Warner and Amla are stiff to miss out on the top 10.
**** I forgot Amla.

The more I think about it the more I believe this list is a piece of **** tbh. Some really glaring omissions, and its not like one of those where there are unlucky ones that miss out but its hard to drop one from the list chosen. It actually isn't that hard, there are a few unworthy ones. Steve Waugh and Tendulkar's were good and emotional tons but clearly don't belong there.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Dravid 233 Adelaide 2003 (14.47)
Lara 226 Adelaide 2005 (14.48)
Hussey 134* Sydney 2010 (13.94) *against Pakistan
Du Plessis 110* Adelaide 2012 (13.93)

These are the top rated by DoG's list. Tendulkar's Sydney innings scored under 9 btw

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That Sydney innings of Sachin is vastly overrated IMO. It showed what an amazing disciplinarian he was at the batting crease, but honestly, it was too slow during the last session of day 2 especially and may have just cost us the game too, along with the stupid umpiring. It was an absolute road as well.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Sydney innings of Sachin is vastly overrated IMO. It showed what an amazing disciplinarian he was at the batting crease, but honestly, it was too slow during the last session of day 2 especially and may have just cost us the game too, along with the stupid umpiring. It was an absolute road as well.
Eh, I agree it was overrated inhow much undue praise it gets but this is totally false.

adub

International Captain
I was there for day three and definitely thought they batted too long. Don't know about too slow, but they should have declared 100 runs earlier at least. It certainly was a pretty flat deck. He never looked like getting out.

OverratedSanity

Didn't think they batted too long or too slow. In the first innings, that is,

Second innings was definitely very wasteful though. And it's kinda forgotten in the shuffle that Australia were just 70 runs away from the target with 4 wickets left. It was hardly a situation where all India needed was more time and they'd definitely have won.

Parthiv Patel sucked. That's what cost us.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India had Australia on the ropes in Australia's first innings because of their epic run lead. The pitch was flat as **** and you needed to take every chance presented, and Patel cost us with the gloves when those chances were there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Didn't think they batted too long or too slow. In the first innings, that is,

Second innings was definitely very wasteful though. And it's kinda forgotten in the shuffle that Australia were just 70 runs away from the target with 4 wickets left. It was hardly a situation where all India needed was more time and they'd definitely have won.

Parthiv Patel sucked. That's what cost us.
Parthiv cost us and so did all those close LBW shouts off Agarkar against their lefties. I agree that Sachin batting slow on the last session on day 2 was not the biggest factor. My point was simple: It is one thing to cut out a shot that you think will get you out and get yourself back to form and runs, quite another to refuse to play it even after you have scored 150+ and your team is looking to get a move on. Hence, that innings is overrated. So was his innings in Multan which is probably the least favorite of his hundreds for me. If you are talking about the 2007-2008 tour and the hundreds at Adelaide and Sydney, then I agree. THOSE were innings fit to be in this list.

OverratedSanity

Cricinfo ball by ball commentary should be proof enough I think:

4th Test: Australia v India at Sydney, Jan 2-6, 2004 | Cricket Commentary | ESPN Cricinfo

Tendulkar goes from 150 (334) to 224 (420). That's pretty ****ing quick.

I'v actually always said the 241 is overrated, because it annoys me how some of Tendulkar's other magnificent knocks (116 at MCG, 111 at Joburg, 122 at Edgbaston) get overlooked. It was boring and a bit one dimensional, but this business of that innings being 'slow' and somehow contributing to us failing to get a win is complete rubbish.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tendulkar got 70 runs in 80 odd balls at the end of day 2. If you thought that was slow, all power to you.

150 from 322 to 220 off 420.. 70 SR in session 6 of a match where you are batting first on the flattest deck of the series against an ATG batting side when you started the session at 495/3.. And every leading opposition bowler is bowled down to dust. Yes, it is slow for me, coz I actually watched the match and he never even showed the intent of hitting boundaries often enough. But then again, if you feel cricinfo scorecards and commentary tells you more than actually watching the game, then more power to you...

SR of 70 with 8 boundaries and he was not even trying to hit big shots... I specifically remember Wasim telling him in the post day's play interview that he wanted to see him bat more positively the next day.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cricinfo ball by ball commentary should be proof enough I think:

4th Test: Australia v India at Sydney, Jan 2-6, 2004 | Cricket Commentary | ESPN Cricinfo

Tendulkar goes from 150 (334) to 224 (420). That's pretty ****ing quick.

I'v actually always said the 241 is overrated, because it annoys me how some of Tendulkar's other magnificent knocks (116 at MCG, 111 at Joburg, 122 at Edgbaston) get overlooked. It was boring and a bit one dimensional, but this business of that innings being 'slow' and somehow contributing to us failing to get a win is complete rubbish.

Just because you can't see facts does not make them rubbish, btw...