• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

brockley

International Captain
Tour cancelled we have full strength Metador Cup,should be interesting,hope the fans get behind it,worry Channel 9 and CA not doing enough to promote it,hope the fans come out for NSW and the other games.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've got Monday off, are any of the games televised that day?

If not, I'm keen for some Cricket. I'll go to QLD vs TAS at North Sydney or NSW vs CA XI at Bankstown if anyone is keen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Brockley, the whole Matador experience is about cost-cutting more then making money. Sure, bigger crowds is always nice but CA must have figured that the saving on flights for players+staff+officials makes one city appealing.

Will Jimmy P go back to CA XI? Surely he will.

NSW are going to have a tough decision fitting in the test players.. Dougeh might be squeezed out.

Will WA be pressured to play Bancroft?

From this whole Bangla-issue the state that has handled it the best is SA, theyve barely noticed the Test guys back.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
I've got Monday off, are any of the games televised that day?

If not, I'm keen for some Cricket. I'll go to QLD vs TAS at North Sydney or NSW vs CA XI at Bankstown if anyone is keen.
Bankstown

adub

International Captain
Was really really looking forward to the Bangla tests. No better time for us to play them as we need to blood young guys and it would have been very competitive. NZ's chances of a win just went up a bit I reckon.

Bl00s with some big calls to make. I wouldn't be surprised if Nev misses out actually. Having Nafe and SOK back certainly changes the balance of the side so yeah I can also see Dougeh missing if Starc is playing. As PEWS said we'll probably stuff it up and fail deluxe. It's what we're good at.

brockley

International Captain
Not to Thursday Nufan is it telecast.Day/night game.
I am hoping the state or CA websites provide cams for the games on Monday.
BTW where on the CA site can I watch live cricket its got a confusing format now?
if i can I will watch CA xl vs NSW Monday online.

Fawad and Ian Holland drop out Maxwell and Siddle in,Fekete for Ryan Lees,I gather James Faulkner playing.

brockley

International Captain
02 October 2015

NSW Blues make changes to Matador BBQs One Day Cup squad
Cricket NSW Media

The NSW Blues have made five significant changes to their 14-man squad for the Matador BBQs One Day Cup following the postponement of the Australian tour to Bangladesh.

Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Starc, Stephen O’Keefe and Peter Nevill will now join the side in place of Ryan Gibson, Chris Green, Josh Lalor, Ben Rohrer and Josh Hazlewood.

Hazlewood, who was rested after the recent Ashes series, is currently building up his bowling workloads and is expected to be available for selection mid-tournament.

Steve Smith will captain the side with the squad featuring 13 players with International experience.

The full NSW squad for the tournament is (club/regional zone or junior cricket association in brackets):

Steve Smith (captain - Sutherland/Sutherland JCA)
Sean Abbott (Parramatta/Parramatta DCA)
Doug Bollinger (Fairfield-Liverpool/Parramatta DCA)
Ryan Carters (Sydney University/ACT)
Ed Cowan (Sydney University/South Eastern JCA)
Moises Henriques (St George/Georges River St George DCA)
Nathan Lyon (Northern District/Riverina)
Nic Maddinson (Eastern Suburbs/Southern)
Peter Nevill (Eastern Suburbs)
Stephen O’Keefe (Manly-Warringah/Hawkesbury DCA)
Kurtis Patterson (St George/Georges River-St George)
Gurinder Sandhu (Fairfield-Liverpool/Blacktown DCA)
Mitchell Starc (Western Suburbs/Northern District DCA)
Shane Watson (Sutherland)

The NSW Blues will play the Cricket Australia XI in their first match of the tournament on Monday (October 5) at Bankstown Oval from 10am. The match will also be live streamed on cricket.com.au - Live Scores, Breaking News & Video | cricket.com.au.

Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for concessions with children 15 years and under admitted for free. All tickets are available at the gate.

Boys and girls aged between 6 and 12 will also be invited onto the ground at the lunch break to participate in MILO T20 Blast activities run by Cricket NSW staff.

A Venue Pass is also available for North Sydney Oval, Drummoyne Oval and Blacktown International Sportspark for $20 per venue. The Venue Pass can be purchased at the gate and will admit pass holders to all matches at their designated venue.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to watch but was geo locked last time I tried the CA stream. The states are fine but not sure NSW will run one.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My guesses/assumptions

NSW

In: Smith, Starc, Lyon, O'Keefe, Nevill
Out: Gibson, Rohrer, Lalor, Hazlewood, Green

QLD

In: Khawaja, Burns
Out: Two of Hemphrey, Marnus, Pierson

SA
In: -
Out: -

TAS
In: Faulkner, Fekete
Out: Lees, Unnamed Faulkner Replacement

VIC
In: Maxwell, Siddle
Out: Fawad, I Holland

WA
In: Bancroft, Marsh, Voges, Marsh
Out: Harris, Beaton, Bosisto, Wells

And then the CAXI might be re-shuffled too.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I might go to Bankstown on Monday too. If only to mop up Greg Chappell's tears when his dream XI is replaced by a new XI

adub

International Captain
what time does the game at bankstown start
^^^^
The NSW Blues will play the Cricket Australia XI in their first match of the tournament on Monday (October 5) at Bankstown Oval from 10am. The match will also be live streamed on cricket.com.au - Live Scores, Breaking News & Video | cricket.com.au.

adub

International Captain
Bankstown Oval ready for action
Bankstown Oval curator Warwick Starr and world renowned former Adelaide Oval curator Les Burdett have declared the Bankstown Oval pitch “world class and ready for action” for the opening match of the 2015 Matador BBQ’s One-Day Cup this Monday (October 5).

The first game of the tournament sees a NSW side featuring the likes of World Cup heroes Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon and Mitch Starc take on a Cricket Australia XI which includes a host of up-and-coming talent.

“It is a hard surface considering that it is early in the cricket season,” said Bankstown Curator Warwick Starr. “There’s a bit of bounce in there for the bowlers, but we should see a fairly balanced game of cricket.”

Burdett said “Bankstown consistently delivers quality pitches”, noting veteran SCG curator Tom Parker cut his teeth at the venue during the 1990s.

The match between the NSW Blues and Cricket Australia XI starts at 10am.

Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for concessions with children 15 years and under getting in for free. Tickets are available for purchase from the gate only.

Boys and girls between 6-12 years will also be invited onto the ground during the innings break to participated in MILO T20 Blast activities run by Cricket NSW.

Bankstown Oval ready for action | Cricket NSW

adub

International Captain
“It is a hard surface considering that it is early in the cricket season,” said Bankstown Curator Warwick Starr. “There’s a bit of bounce in there for the bowlers, but we should see a fairly balanced game of cricket.”

Burdett said “Bankstown consistently delivers quality pitches”
All the games I've seen at Bankstown the pitch has been slow, so I'll wait to see...