• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali may pull out of Australian tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hes a nice guy and all

BUT

he needs to learn to take a joke - who cares what noise the crowd is making.

hell if the umpire actually called him the umpire would get boooed.

quit your whinging and get out here Murali :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
Great idea!!

Then England might finally win an Ashes, because we have, erm, no-one to play against. :P
The old genious Dr. Robotnik theorem!
Although come to think of it, you might be a bit young for that. Neil will surely remember that well.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
hes a nice guy and all

BUT

What did I tell you? It's all a joke!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA...woweee that's funny.

It seems to me that it's not that Murali can't take a joke, but more like the Aussie public don't know when a joke stops being funny and becomes extreamly irritating...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Was about chucking AFAIK.

You have to understand that there's one rule for Australians and one for the rest of the world.. viz Ganguly.
Nah, it's just the way they play.
It's not really unequal at all, it's just Australia.
:rolleyes:
It really beggars belief that so many Englishmen have that attitude.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Although come to think of it, you might be a bit young for that. Neil will surely remember that well.
Neil's not that old...he can't even remember when I was talking about the 1999 NZ series...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
Dr Robotnik of Sonic the Hedgehog fame?

I remember with pride when I first completed Green Hill Zone, Act Two.

twctopcat

International Regular
Richard said:
Nah, it's just the way they play.
It's not really unequal at all, it's just Australia.
:rolleyes:
It really beggars belief that so many Englishmen have that attitude.
What annoys me is he will play and when they start losing(to him) they will start chanting...., they've got to chill out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:

Which one? There were so many different games on so many different systems but that level seemed to be somewhere on all of them.
I'm guessing you mean Sonic 2 for MegaDrive, given that that's the first level on there.
But the legendary Dr. R comment was that he wanted to rule Mobius - by killing all the animals.
Brilliant games, Sonic games. Sadly I gave my MasterSystem and all the games away. Haven't made the same mistake with my MegaDrive.:D

Cactus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
halsey said:
Murali may pull out of the Australian tour, thanks to the abuse with the 'no ball' calls last year, plus a missile being thrown at him.

While I do believe he chucks, he should never have suffered that kind of abuse. I am fully behind him.

What do you reckon?
if you still think he chucks.......well i can't say much more to you other than the fact that you ever thought he chicked in the first place is really stupid!!!:!(

for god's sake, the guy has been cleared by the acb AND the icb. plus the fact that the two umpires who tend to no - ball him have lost much of their reputation as umpires for their stupidity. The fact that the Aussie crowds jeer at him shames since i live in Aus, but the fact remains he has a deformity in his arm and he can't help it....end of story!!!

Craig

World Traveller
Rik said:
Murali is a bit of a winger, but he's also a sensitive and, from what I've heard, very polite and friendly guy, and certainly does not deserve this. I'm sure all the Australians who shout at him when he plays will claim it's just a joke. Ha Ha Ha woweeeee that's bloody hillarious :rolleyes:
Should the word be 'whinger'?

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Then he mustn't mind the row your boat song that the Barmy Army taunt him with. It seems the English posters have forgotten the treatment dished out by their own fans. Will he pull out of the next tour of England. I think he just has a mental problem about coming to Australia after the incidents that have occurred over the years. The Aussie fans are no worse than the English.

Cactus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
age_master said:
hes a nice guy and all

BUT

hell if the umpire actually called him the umpire would get boooed.

quit your whinging and get out here Murali :)
in case you hadn't realised, the umpire DOESN'T get booed and the aussie crowds that do boo him agree with the umpire that he chucks!.....so your theory doesn't work!:)

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Unless Muralis' or Sri Lankan teams safety was in danger, I think that he should not be allowed to just make up his own mind on whether he will tour a particular country or not.

I mean when your going to play away from home you are always going to have a section of the home crowd who will always say something that you are not going to like. Though thats not all the crowd and thats also part of touring overseas (being a proffesional cricketer).

Linda

International Vice-Captain
For those who think Murali not coming will have an affect on the crowd... I dont think so. These are practically virgin Test venues, the top-enders came out to see Bangladesh last year for crying out loud. They will go whether Murali is playing or not, me thinks!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:

My mum still has that game, somewhere.

I still play it VERY occasioally.

Green Hill zone? You must have been bad. :)

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Its just an excuse not to come to a country he has not done well in.

To blame a small section of the crowd for their idiocy for not coming out to Australia is sour grapes.

Do the Australians whinge about not going to the West Indies when they throw bottles or not go to India where they light up the stands and throw fireworks? No!!

Is it right that they target Murali - again no but it has often happened in the best (anyone remember the Hadlee's a ****** chant)

Every country has their moron element in the crowd (English soccer holligans anyone) but not to tour the country because of it reeks of an excuse not to face the world's best on their home turf.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Since it's pretty obvious that when he's bowling the top-spinner or the off-break he doesn't chuck, he shouldn't be called by any umpire. However, I'm not so sure that the legbreak is legal, since I feel it involves a lot more than just his wrist this time, so umpires should have the power to ask the ICC to look into that delivery.

Craig

World Traveller
But dont you chuck from the elbow, not the wrist? So does it matter what the wrist does?

Edited in: Sorry Rik didnt read your post. Didnt want to spam or boost my own post count by posting another message.

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
But dont you chuck from the elbow, not the wrist? So does it matter what the wrist does?

Edited in: Sorry Rik didnt read your post. Didnt want to spam or boost my own post count by posting another message.
Yeah I just think it's almost impossible to spin in the other way with Murali's action without using the elbow, but I'll have to see footage 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.