• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next World Cup

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kaif is over-rated and injured currently.
Kaif had one golden period starting and ending against Zimbabwe.
Aside from that, he's been woeful. But I still think he's a talent. IMO he was persevered with for too long in his bad patch. Dropping him earlier would have been a much better idea.
I think India's present side doesn't especially need him, hopefully if he gets another chance he will make more of it.

Prof_Lupin

Cricket Spectator
Pathan doesn't seem overrated. It's only Sachin who is extremely impressed with Pathan. He doesn't seem like the person to get fame in Pathan. Balaji on the other hand deserves credit.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Balaji had rather more success in the domestic competitions than Yohannan did.
Personally I thought that Yohannan was being talked-up as the perennial next Indian pace sensation was one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen.
Yohannan is a terrible bowler if you ask me.
But the list of wrongly-hired, rightly-fired seamers in India is as long as a piece of string. Mohanty lasted a bit longer than some.