• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly, Dravid awarded Padma Shree

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Saurav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid have been awarded one of
India's highest civilian honours: the Padma Shree on 26th January, Republic Day for their performances in teh sporting field.

Well done boys !

masterblaster

International Captain
Well done, and well deserved. Ganguly has been a fine leader and has lead this Indian team into heights they have never seen nor experienced before. He truly has put the Indian Cricket Team on the map.

As for Rahul, his sheer dedication, commitment and versatility for Team India has been outstanding. As a temporary captain, classy and pivotal batsman and an always hardworking and dedicated wicketkeeper, Rahul has been an asset for India and we are very proud of his achievements throughout 2003.

Well done.

FRAZ

International Captain
Congratulations to Ganguly.He is not my favourite bowler or batsman, But he is my favourite captain and I can just wish him good luck and more success in upcoming Pakistan series , and obviously Pakistan , Australia and South africa are not that far better than India if Ganguly is there in India .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Typical foreign attitude.
Can't give Ganguly credit for everything.
I continue to take great pleasure at the anticipation of Ganguly tearing the Australian bowling to shreds.