• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It throws it off if Challenge League B has 5 teams. If you just swap HK out then it's fine, but it's gonna be a massive pain given HK are hosting the first tournament.And that's assuming HK even deserve that 13th slot :ph34r:

Suppose the ICC could move a team up from League 2 into the Super League, but then you still need an extra team from the Playoffs to make up the numbers at WCQ, or bring in an extra team from the Challenge Leagues into the Playoffs
Is there any particular reason we are ignoring Canada would be the next cab off the rank by virtue of finishing 5th - above HK - at WCL2?

cnerd123

likes this
They were suspended indefinitely from HK Cricket ages ago, as soon as the ICC announced they were being investigated.

It's a long sad history with these three. Not just the fixing, but various other issues and off-field transgressions. Major wastes of talent. They accomplished so much and could have accomplished even more.

I've actually spoken to Nadeem and have umpired him. Nice guy. Wish things didn't have to end this way.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
From the little bits I saw of Irfan he looked a serious cricketer, cut above most at Assosciate level. Shame really.

Few gun cricketers knocking about outside of the mainstream cricketing world. Craig Williams of Namibia springs to mind, bloke is quality

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So who's excited about the Romania Cup?

Hope it's better than the Hong Kong Sixes tournament..

Romania opens up against Austria, followed by Turkey against Luxemburg...and to finish off the games tomorrow, Romania versus Turkey

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just read that Hamilton Masakadza is set to retire soon :-(

Apparently he plans to call ity a day after the scheduled T20 tri-series in BD. However, I thought Zim were suspended from all form of international cricket at the moment, which has left me confused.

Can anyone here shed some light on Zimbabwe's current situation?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So Namibia won't be part of that tourney?
Think they are already through to the next stage by virtue of the problems for Zimbabwe. Not sure though

EDIT: Namibia have an ODI tri series in the States at the same time. That explains it then. Love that Namibia have official ODI status again, makes me feel properly nostalgic for 2003

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Think they are already through to the next stage by virtue of the problems for Zimbabwe. Not sure though

EDIT: Namibia have an ODI tri series in the States at the same time. That explains it then. Love that Namibia have official ODI status again, makes me feel properly nostalgic for 2003
not the same without Burgers and Kola

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Sikandar Raza has been left out of the Zim squad to tour BD for "disciplinary reasons".

What a joke. Raza happens to be one of the most loyal & crucial members of the team.