• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
So I'm here at the second ODI - missed the first innings due to umpiring, but chasing a low score HK have lost two wickets early and PNG are pumped.

They're off the field for lunch now but should be resuming soon.

cnerd123

likes this
So I saw the second ODI and it was fun. Crowds not as large as I would have expected tho. We had a much better turnout for the Scotland game. I left with the scored at 178/7 - Shahid Wasif batted fantastically, Tanwiir hit a massive six, Ehsan Khan was playing a real gritty innings, Anshuman and Nizakat both looked really good but got undone by good deliveries - and I expected us to chase it down, but the lower order -who can all bat, Nadeem opens the batting for his club side- collapsed to leave us just short.

I didn't see Kyle bowl (only really caught the last few overs off the first innings) so can't comment on that, but yea I do find that selection a bit odd. He's been training with the Nat side, people say he's 'the fastest bowler in HK, and had a really bad day today (clearly), but it's not a good look when an Associate side brings in a foreigner straight into the XI over home-grown talent. Especially when its done via FB, and the foreigner plays no domestic cricket, and then proceeds to bowl 1 over for 18 runs and score a duck...

cnerd123

likes this
the feed is now pointed outside the media tent and kids/volunteers/hkca staff members are all goofing around with a tennis ball while the commentators discuss it seriously

:laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
Well thats what the HKCA has been doing, with the games vs Scotland and PNG and now touring Australia with the squad to play some of the clubs there.

But you need money to do these things and I guess the Scotland Cricket Board is a bit strapped for cash? HKCA isnt very rich but have been managing to make ends meet somehow. They dont pay the players a ton. Maybe Mommsen can just earn a lot more with his time and energy outside of cricket?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well thats what the HKCA has been doing, with the games vs Scotland and PNG and now touring Australia with the squad to play some of the clubs there.

But you need money to do these things and I guess the Scotland Cricket Board is a bit strapped for cash? HKCA isnt very rich but have been managing to make ends meet somehow. They dont pay the players a ton. Maybe Mommsen can just earn a lot more with his time and energy outside of cricket?
You also need other boards who are happy to host tours or send good teams over on a regular basis. HKCA have Papua New Guinea and Australia, Kenya just need to put a team on a bus and send them across the border to Uganda. Scotland seem to have lost Ireland since Ireland now have a need for rankings points Scotland no longer offer.