• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
No play for atleast a couple of hours because the outfield and pitch are still wet.

Its overcast but dry and not too cold atm. Lets see how it goes.

cnerd123

likes this
Super sunny now. People optimistic. Sounds system has been set up and we have a crowd in. Players tossing around frisbees and kicking around balls.

cnerd123

likes this
Finally things are getting underway!!

10 overs a side at 4pm, confirmed. Thats in 45 minutes folks. Going to be really exciting.

cnerd123

likes this
HK have won the todd anf selected to field!

On my phone at the ground now (volunteering at the VIP section; best gig) but I am informed there is a stream, so check HKCA's FB and Youtube!

cnerd123

likes this
Awesome performance by HK in the field. One drop aside, they seemed really pumped to have 200+ home team fans cheering them on.

Time for the runchase! And we have Chapman in the XI! And a first ball four! Whooooo

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
***** - Thanks for the updates and setting the scene for the T20 I. Scotland certainly took a powerful side to HK stacked with current and former English County players. Pity the Scottish tour was derailed by a once in a century East Asia weather bomb. Final T20I on Sunday . Lets see who wins that one.

Photos of the T20 I match ( HK v Scotland) show how basic the only ODI rated cricket ground in HK actually is. No seating at all it appears. In a very wealthy City like HK that is inexcusable , an embarrassment to and reflection of financially greedy and one eyed HK people, lazy sports authorities and weak government. What a joke. Pathetic.

cnerd123

likes this

Photos of the T20 I match ( HK v Scotland) show how basic the only ODI rated cricket ground in HK actually is. No seating at all it appears. In a very wealthy City like HK that is inexcusable , an embarrassment to and reflection of financially greedy and one eyed HK people, lazy sports authorities and weak government. What a joke. Pathetic.
Ummm what.

The ground just got approved in November. They haven't had time to build seating yet. It belongs to the HK government and not the HKCA; they just let us use it. The HKCA have no say in whether or not seats get built. There were HK Govt authorities at the game, and they would have seen the strong turnout, and if the HKCA can organise more matches in the coming future, the Govt might get around to building some proper seating for the ground.

As it stands literally no one minded standing or sitting on the grass lol. We all knew what this ground was like, its such a strong part of the history of HK cricket. We were really just very happy to be able to watch an official international game on it.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Yes. You are right *****. The HK cricket fans/players don't mind because they are starved of international sport at home and know they will get nothing better from the HK Govt . HKCA have tried manfully to improve facilities for years but no chance. Unlike Beijing, Singapore and Shanghai where Government funded community and modern range of sports facilities are superb. The Mission Road cricket ground on LIVE ********* looks like it did in 1990. No development at all. Sad to see such politically driven bureaucratic government inaction in such a wealthy place. Enjoy the game today !

cnerd123

likes this
I don't know what you expect from the HK Govt or HKCA. Cricket only has about a 1000 active players in the country. And given a total population of 7 mill and the scarcity of land, it's hardly surprising we don't get a huge deal of support and funding. There is no politically driven, bureaucratic government inaction happening here. It's just common sense. They aren't going to spend a vast amount of money to satisfy a tiny percentage of the population. The HKCA is working its butt off to promote cricket within the country and get some momentum going, and when that happens, the Government support will follow.

HK has plenty of fantastic sports facilities too. Just no dedicated cricket grounds. We play on grounds meant for football/softball/athletics with an artificial mat placed on them. Naturally those won't be fit for international cricket.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Middle order threw away the advantage after a great start from Coetzer. Probably should have got another 20-30 there. Mommsen, Berrington, Machan will all be disappointed to not have made any impression with the bat in any of the matches. Should at least be a more competitive match than the first two.

cnerd123

likes this
Decent score from Scotland and a wicket first ball! Scotland really don't want to go home without a win.

Dropped third ball!