• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

N.D v Canterbury

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Fulton just played another great lofted shot for 4....his timing really is awesome once he gets his eye in.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mingster said:
The third aerial shot played by Fulton goes for 4 as well.

But who would go at the expense of Fulton thjough Black Caps Fan?
craig cumming.only good knock was his 45 in the 4th odi.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
They won't swap Cumming for Fulton, thats like swapping a banana for an apple...it's gotta be Papps if they want to drop Cumming.

Northern have a long batting lineup, but I don't think its anywhere near as good as the Canterbury lineup.

Mingster

State Regular
BlackCap_Fan said:
craig cumming.only good knock was his 45 in the 4th odi.
But Fulton ain't an opener.

Fulton probably needs one more season to put on more runs. If someone is to get blooded, it should be Papps. This is the second season he's performed in the SS.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The clouds don't look good though..

If this match plays the full 100 overs then i'll be extremely surprised.

Mingster

State Regular
Tim said:
Northern have a long batting lineup, but I don't think its anywhere near as good as the Canterbury lineup.
Canterbury are playing Wiseman at 7 and that's not that convincing considering Northern have Robbie Hart at 8 and Yovich at 7.

Will be a good chase.

Papps is out.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Papps is out anyway..good innings, but I thought Aldridge was bowling a good line & eventually something had to give.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you trying to convince me that Robbie Hart is dangerous as a batsman in the OD game?, lol.
Wiseman is actually really good with the bat these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Canterbury use him as a pinch hitter.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mingster said:
But Fulton ain't an opener.

Fulton probably needs one more season to put on more runs. If someone is to get blooded, it should be Papps. This is the second season he's performed in the SS.
yeah,NZ has had problems with openers.Heck,once they had vettori opening.didn't do too well.Fleming and Astle can open,and open well.But flemings better at 4.Maybe vincent? he does ok at 3,but hes young and hasnt done anything spectacular (except his century)but vincent has promise.I think he should have a stab at opening.Nevin has opened too.

Papps just got out for 72 off 106,Caught martin and bowled Aldridge.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ are very good at turning good middle order batsmen into makeshift openers, I'd hate to see Fulton turned into an opener when we've got 2 or 3 promising openers around.

Mingster

State Regular
Tim said:
Are you trying to convince me that Robbie Hart is dangerous as a batsman in the OD game?, lol.
Wiseman is actually really good with the bat these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Canterbury use him as a pinch hitter.
Um, at least better than Wisneski. :rolleyes:

You don't need to be bloody dangerous in the OD game, there's no reason why you shouldn't have a technically sound player down the order.

Yup, Wiseman has really improved these days.

Mingster

State Regular
BlackCap_Fan said:
yeah,NZ has had problems with openers.Heck,once they had vettori opening.didn't do too well.Fleming and Astle can open,and open well.But flemings better at 4.Maybe vincent? he does ok at 3,but hes young and hasnt done anything spectacular (except his century)but vincent has promise.I think he should have a stab at opening.Nevin has opened too.
So what are you saying? Nevin, Vincent have all failed.

I think we have to try Papps, if Cumming doesn't perform in SS.

In a perfect world, you'll want Fleming at 3, but he's done a good job for us opening in this series.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
broom just got out.....

Well,I think that cumming has faced the worst.Facing the fastest bowler in the world early in his career? scary.And hes got the south africans to fight now.hopefully he wont struggle.

Mingster

State Regular
BlackCap_Fan said:
Well,I think that cumming has faced the worst.Facing the fastest bowler in the world early in his career? scary.And hes got the south africans to fight now.hopefully he wont struggle.
Well, he had played the Pakis 10 times and only got average scores in 2 games. That's not good enough.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mingster said:
Well, he had played the Pakis 10 times and only got average scores in 2 games. That's not good enough.
Well,I think cumming should be dropped,but coming up againstg the fastest bowler in the world on debut is tough.But hes past the worst and is coming into form.

Mcmillan Was doing horrible,but they didn't drop him,and he got a great 81 off 81 in the 5th o.d.i.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mingster said:
But he got a score in Christchurch though.
36 n.o right?

and fulton just got out.canterbury are totally losing their momentum.Probably wont matter cos of the rain though,but I think it might just clear up.

edit:steads gone too.Hopefully harris will help em out of the hole!

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Canterbury were probably the victims of their own success. Because they've won their last 2 games with only 1 or 2 wickets down, the other batsmen have just been sitting around.

They've ended up with a decent score anyway...Wiseman's six off Butler was a ripper.