• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clause-Mystery-Choice Draft Thread 2014

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
248 runs is more than 75 runs or am I slow on the uptake here?
From what I understood, it was about the 10th wicket partnership contribution and not the whole innings score, and in that partnership Zaheer scored 75 and Sachin scored 57. Was really hoping to get him. :D

Will wait harsh to clear it up before I pick.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Partnership was 133, Zaheer made 75. Assuming no extras, Sachin cannot have made more than 58 in the time Zaheer was at the crease.
'zactly. Looking at the commentary he was at 191* when Zaheer came in, so he was the lower-scoring partner in that partnership.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
If everyone agrees that it was partnership contribution and not the innings total score, should I go ahead with my pick?

watson

Banned
'the low-scoring partner in a century partnership for the 10th wicket.'

It's pretty clear.
My bad then. I actually looked at Sachin in that Test match and went "I can't pick Sachin because Zaheer has the lower score of the two batsman - 248 v 75".

Yeah but now I see the semantics more clearly. For some ridiculous reason if the phrase had said 'lower-scoring partner' then I would have picked Sachin straight away. Must be my strange brain.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
This I do disagree with at we've never mixed Test stats with ODI stats before. It's one or the other. This would be a precedent.o
Sorry to create a confusion, I will change the pick if harsh makes it tests only. Since it wasn't specified anywhere so far, I took the liberty to consider all formats.

BTW, I think we have had all formats before in the same draft. The "Decades Draft" that had a player from all decades since the 1880s, in that the rule was performances across all formats would be considered not just tests. I played that one so I thought if nothing is specified it means all formats count.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round I

Morgieb - Glenn McGrath
Watson - Courtney Walsh
Bagapath - John Snow
G.I.Joe - Wilfred Rhodes
ohnoitsyou - Chris Cairns
Howe_zat - Sachin Tendulkar
AldoRaine18 - Michael Holding
Weeman27bob -

Clause - Pick a player who was the low scoring partner in a century partnership for the 10th wicket.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Oh well, the running myth on CW that it's Tests only unless stated otherwise is well and truly busted. It really isn't "genius" when you decide to go against established tradition. There's a reason Harsh wasn't questioned about it before, and it wasn't because no one else thought of it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey, guys, I am not a 100% about this. I didn't mean to include ODIs, and as such, I do think Aldo's pick is a little iffy.