• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Makhaya Ntini claims he was dumped unfairly out of the SA Test side

Stapel

International Regular
You hear Afrikaans over the stump mic because the players speak Afrikaans to each other so their opponents won't understand what they're saying to each other.
Won't make sense if they don't understand themselves, right?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Speaking/understanding a few cricket-related words doesn't mean you speak the language. Especially when it's part of a team tactic, so you'd invest the effort for that but not much else.

Marius

International Debutant
If you understand and speak German, does that automatically make you a German?

Most white South Africans are pretty fluent in both languages, and can certainly understand both.

Stapel

International Regular
If you understand and speak German, does that automatically make you a German?
Not what I meant.....

Most white South Africans are pretty fluent in both languages, and can certainly understand both.
That was my point.............

Anyway, silly discussion. My fault, I guess.