• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

PY

International Coach
England Side (I think):
Trescothick
Strauss
Butcher
Vaughan *
Thorpe
Collingwood
Flintoff
Jones +
Hoggard
Harmison
Saggers

New Zealand Side
Richardson
Papps
Fleming *
Astle
Styris
Oram
McCullum +
Cairns
Vettori
Tuffey
Martin

Jones out for the rest of the series. Saggers in for him. Can't find any talk of Giles playing so I've gone for Collingwood.

EDIT: But then again, TMS bloke reckons Giles will play because of variation again. Also plenty of talking of Caddick returning this summer as well.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
PY said:
Jones out for the rest of the series.
looks like NZ are not the only team with injury problems!!pity though he was just starting to look good at the international level

PY said:
EDIT: But then again, TMS bloke reckons Giles will play because of variation again. Also plenty of talking of Caddick returning this summer as well.
highly unlikely though....giles wouldnt get more than 3-4 overs in each innings.

PY

International Coach
Simon Taufel and Steve Bucknor are officiating. Two of my favourite (and IMO best) umpires around. Although I'm sure our Indian brethren may well disagree. :p

PY

International Coach
tooextracool said:
looks like NZ are not the only team with injury problems!!pity though he was just starting to look good at the international level
Yeah, I was just thinking the same when I heard. He was devastating with the old ball at Lord's.

According to reports, he actually isn't injured at the moment but he has "the potential to have a stress fracture" in his foot. Never heard of that before but if it elongates his career and means he's available for more Tests later this summer then I'm all for it. Especially as there are other people still knocking on the selectors' doors.

PY

International Coach
tooextracool said:
nah billy bowden = best :p
I find him quite funny to be honest, but I'd have to listen to the old guard whinging about him if he was officiating because I'm listening to it on the radio.

PY

International Coach
Lunch to be taken at 12.30pm and play to begin at 1.10pm.

If the weather is heading north then there's trouble afoot because it's lashing it down in Sheffield at the moment. :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
Lunch to be taken at 12.30pm and play to begin at 1.10pm.

If the weather is heading north then there's trouble afoot because it's lashing it down in Sheffield at the moment. :(
It isn't, I don't think.

It's heading from north west to south east, should clear up soon. Pouring in Derby too - only just started to rain here.

Look on the positive side about it raining in Sheffield - it's the first opportunity the locals have had for a wash in ages.

(ducks, runs for cover)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
It isn't, I don't think.

It's heading from north west to south east, should clear up soon. Pouring in Derby too - only just started to rain here.
Which bit of Derby are you in old chap? 'tis dark near town (where I am) but no rain as-yet.....

PY

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Look on the positive side about it raining in Sheffield - it's the first opportunity the locals have had for a wash in ages.

(ducks, runs for cover)
:laugh: You're lucky I'm not a local or else I'd be mad..... :D

Though you are right, some of the local scallies need to have a good wash.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Which bit of Derby are you in old chap? 'tis dark near town (where I am) but no rain as-yet.....
Actually out of town - Castle Donington

'twas a mere shower - stopped now.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hmm, I read in the Metro that while NZ were happy for Vaughan to do a runner for his new child, they weren't happy for him to return and bat in any position - yet it seems Clive Lloyd has allowed it anyway. :) Fair enough, too, in my opinion - I guess it's all part of the psychological side of things.

PY

International Coach
Well if he is away for a certain amount of time then he has to bat lower than after the fall of the fifth wicket I think. That's why Astle came in at 7 at Lord's because he had been off for quite a while with the flu.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Actually out of town - Castle Donington

'twas a mere shower - stopped now.
Hmmmm. Will be up that way on Saturday, 'er indoors has won some tickets to the Download festival.

I suggest you stand in the main street of CD wearing a pink carnation, this way I can wave from the car shouting "Hullo"..

Leave it with you......

:cool:

Loony BoB

International Captain
PY said:
Well if he is away for a certain amount of time then he has to bat lower than after the fall of the fifth wicket I think. That's why Astle came in at 7 at Lord's because he had been off for quite a while with the flu.
Cricinfo: It has been confirmed by Clive Lloyd, the match referee, that if Vaughan has to make a mad dash to hospital, he will be able to bat in any position on his return.

PY

International Coach
Ah right, guess it is down to the match referee's discretion then. Thanks for that, you learn something new everyday. :)