• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beat the ATG XI challenge

BeeGee

International Captain
Given that the OP's side is not flexible for different grounds, it hardly seems fair for the opposition to have unique XIs for separate grounds. But then again, OP got the choicest players :p
Yeah, OP got first pick, so the flexibility with the XI tailored to the ground is your advantage.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For Eden Gardens:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Lara
Tendulkar
Sangakkara
Laxman
Pollock
O'Reilly
Laker
Muralitharan
McGrath

Good luck in the 4th innings.

Batting is a mix of people familiar with the eden gardens pitch and world class players of spin.
Good team Shri. I find it interesting that you wouldnt include an Indian spinner in these conditions especially when picking 3. Pollock is an interesting choice too. I took pleasure out of including Dravid, Laxman and Azhar but not ten dollar carl who failed RELATIVELY in comparison at this ground.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I guess his figures in the ground compared to other grounds is just one of those random things. When the guy can treat Warne that badly in pitches that turned more, I guess he could do it anywhere and that the track doesn't really doesn't matter as long as it turns. He would hypothetically be an asset imo. Pollock is fine in there as well, I feel. Him and McGrath can keep it very economical and nip out a couple of early wickets as well and expose the others to the spinners.