• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rayudu to captain India's u-19 wc side

Salamuddin

International Debutant
The squad: A.T. Rayudu (Hyderabad, Capt.), Dinesh Karthik (Tamil Nadu, vice-capt.), Robin Uthappa (Karnataka), Praful Waghela (Mumbai), Faiz Fazal (Vidarbha), Shikhar Dhawan (Delhi), Suresh Raina (U.P.), Abhishek Sharma (Delhi), Praveen Gupta (U.P.), V.R.V. Singh (Punjab), Saurav Sarkar (Bengal), R.P. Singh (U.P.), Sunny Singh (Haryana), Gaurav Dhiman (Karnataka) and Nikhil Rathod (Saurashtra). Coach: Robin Singh; Physio: Dr. Kinjal Suratwala.

Interestingly, the squad includes two leg spinners in Abhishek Sharma and Nikhil Rathod.

krkode

State Captain
Wow. I know none of these gentlemen. Except Robin Singh. He rocked in his day! :P

Good to see a Hyderabadi taking the lead, of course :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wish I knew more about Indian domestic and youth cricket. :(

Robin Singh was awesome :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rayadu is a very exciting young prospect who looks good to play for India in 2-3 years. Utthappa won the fastest bowler in the nation wide hunt for fast bowlers conducted by ESPN and Samgsung. He bowled 137-139 but is still very young. I dont know much about any one else.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
Rayadu is a very exciting young prospect who looks good to play for India in 2-3 years. Utthappa won the fastest bowler in the nation wide hunt for fast bowlers conducted by ESPN and Samgsung. He bowled 137-139 but is still very young. I dont know much about any one else.
I think you are wrong on Utthappa. I think it was Aiyyappa who won that competition and he plays for Karnataka Ranji side. Robin Utthappa if i am correct is an opening batsman and a talented one at that. I don't think he bowls much and that too as fast as that.I only know two others namely Dinesh Karthik and Vrv Singh. Karthik is a good keeper and is a capable bat too. I think he already played for TN in few matches and VRV Singh is a right arm fast medium who hits the deck hard if i remember correctly. No idea about others.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think you are wrong on Utthappa. I think it was Aiyyappa who won that competition and he plays for Karnataka Ranji side. Robin Utthappa if i am correct is an opening batsman and a talented one at that
You are right there. Got confused in the names. I saw a segment on Robim Uthapa on star sports. Aiyyapa won the contest and not Uthappa as you rightly pointed out.