• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Brands

SeamUp

International Coach
What has happened to the likes of County, Stuart Surridge (SS) & Duncan Fearnley ?

Think Lazer have disappeared also. Kallis started his career with them. Not sure if they were international ?

Then there was that OC brand ? Gary Kirsten was with them around 96-96 and a few others. Think Mark Taylor ? They're gone.

With Faf's recent move to IXU from GM it got me wondering what main international cricket brands remain and are used ?

I count 4 ?

Slazenger
Gunn & Moore
Kookaburra
Gray-Nicolls

In South Africa there are two major local brands. DP & Bellingham & Smith (B&S) that are used quite a bit and sponsor mainly younger players but a few pros as well. Wondering if these brands are known about much outside South Africa ? Philander, Davids & Kleinveldt still use DP and Duminy started off with them. Boje used B & S so did Levi when he smashed that T20 hundred and others.

Then I count a number of other smaller brands trying to make their way...

IXU
Adidas
Puma
Mongoose
Millichamp & Hall (M&H)
Newbery (I've noticed they've tried to resurface)
New Balance
Aero
Woodworm
Finsbury
Admiral

Then the Asian brands

Nike
Reebok
PR
BAS
SS
SG
Hero Honda
MRF
Ton Ton
CA
Malik
Boom Boom
AS
Ihsan
SF

Others known of ?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Duncan Fearnley was last seen being picked up on a street corner by Jono iirc.
I've got one of them in my Garage. Always were nice and chunky.

Also, is Nike an "Asian brand"?
Yeah obviously. But you only ever see Asian players use Nike and Reebok. Gaz Kirsten used Reebok for a bit but it seems to be more mainstream in Asia (mores specifically India of course). Whereas Puma and Adidas (bar Sachin at the end) were used more by Poms, Saffers, Ozzies and Kiwis.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In terms of those used currently by Internationals, Spartan is one you've missed.

There's tons upon tons of bat makers/makes though. Ayrtek, Redback, Hell4leather, Warsop, Millichamp and Hall and Salix are ones you'll see around the County scene off the top of my head

SeamUp

International Coach
In terms of those used currently by Internationals, Spartan is one you've missed.

There's tons upon tons of bat makers/makes though. Ayrtek, Redback, Hell4leather, Warsop, Millichamp and Hall and Salix are ones you'll see around the County scene off the top of my head
Ah nice one Marcus.

Spartan is one that is growing fast. Bought out Slazenger with Prior and Clarke which is pretty big of them.

Got Dhoni, Gayle, Mitch and Da Bravo too.

I mentioned M & H. Cheers for the other ones. Some of them new names to me.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Laver and Wood in NZ are another one - James Laver has made bats for plenty of international/first class players. They don't tend to sponsor anyone though, they rely more on word of mouth.

Lovely bats too...my one goes well anyway.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think MRF and Hero Honda actually make their own bats. Haven't seen them around in any non backyard cricket setting anyways.

BDM is one you've missed out that's pretty popular.