• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to the 2015 Cricket World Cup

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
30 man squads are the most pointless things imo. 10 or so blokes have no chance imo at this point (although tbf Aus with their bowling options/injuries are the one team who could realistically pick from 24 or so). And iirc you can still pick from outside the 30man squad for the final squad if you like anyway.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Can any one explain why Rampaul is not in the even 30 man squad for WI? Have usually liked seeing him bowl mostly.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ICC have a "Your Greatest Cricket World Cup XI" thing going on right now. Andy Bichel and Matthew Hayden have also submitted their XIs there in a "Legends" section.

Greatest Xi | Cricket World Cup 2015 - ICC Cricket | Official Website

They want people to pick two all rounders in the minimum, and that means two of Kapil Dev, Sanath Jayasuriya, Lance Klusener, Imran Khan, and Yuvraj Singh will have to be picked, while Wasim Akram is a pure bowler, and Andrew Symonds a pure batsman.

Michael Bevan and Michael Hussey are unavailable, and you can't pick both Gilchrist and Dhoni :@

My XI :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've been meaning to make this post for the last week or so but having to name your final 15 man squad more than a month before the first match of the tournament sucks. With all the teams shifting their attentions to ODI matches now, one injury or one player picked who completely loses form, can completely disrupt the balance of a team. In the World Cup, the selectors should be able to pick the best XI players that they want to pick for each game and its a long tournament, so I think squads should be a little bigger.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Khawaja won't be in as he has done an ACL ruling him out any chance of getting in.
Selectors also appear to not want Pattinson to play white ball cricket atm to ease him back from injury. I would say Sandhu or Behrendorff could be in the 30.
Dunk scored the history making double ton in the ODD competition, along with his ability to keep wickets it appears he is in the 30 to be looked at.
Anyway it's all subjective in the end...

Last edited: