• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

James

Cricket Web Owner
Has anyone done any calculations as to what needs to happen within the NZ/Pakistan and Australia/India series for NZ to make the Test Championship final?

Chubb

International Regular
As Mark Chapman returned to NZ colours and Ken McClure is piling up the runs in domestic cricket, I thought I’d try to compile a team of players with East Asian ancestry. Eligible players from HK, Chinese diaspora, Malaysia, Singapore Chinese, Philippines etc.

I have no doubt that in years to come we will see more and more Eurasian and East Asian diaspora players in national teams. Considered picking Tim David (Singapore) but I don't know what his background is.

Arul Suppiah (Malay from Malaysia)
Herbert Chang (Chinese West Indian)
Ken McClure (Filipino NZer)
Mark Chapman (HK Chinese NZer)
Richard Chee Quee (Chinese Australian)
Max Chu (Vietnamese NZer) +
Jonathan Foo (Chinese West Indian)
Sarah Tsukigawa (Japanese NZer, NZ Women)
Hunter Poon (Chinese Australian)
Ellis Achong (Chinese West Indian)
Issy Wong (Chinese British, England Women)

cnerd123

likes this
Roy Lamsam of HK worth considering too.

Nadeem Ahmed and Irfan Ahmed are both half-Chinese, but perhaps shouldn't be considered due to the fixing stuff.

Japan have some decent cricketers atm but not sure if any of them are ATG XI material.

If we're considering women then the Thai women's team is up there. Lot's of HK women with pretty good international records too - Betty Chan, Kary Chan, Natasha Miles.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lamsam? From what (admittededly little) I have seen he looked an absolute prank cricketer

At that stage he was almost 40, and looked about 20 years older

cnerd123

likes this
Lamsam? From what (admittededly little) I have seen he looked an absolute prank cricketer

At that stage he was almost 40, and looked about 20 years older
Was a good U19 prospect back in the 1990s, and has played some meaningful innings for HK at international level, though very little that would be considered List A/FC/ODI/T20I

If you're thinking about Chinese-origin cricketers to have represented HK, Roy Lamsam is up there with Benny Kwong.

aussie tragic

International Captain
During the MCG tribute to Dean Jones it was shown that his test number is 324 and his highest FC score was 324*.

As he was captain in this 1994/95 shield match, I wonder if his score factored into his declaration, or just a coincidence?

Last edited: