• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So apparently the player in question (still unamed) claimed he said part timer, not Osama.

This is pretty fishy lol

My money's on Bancroft, kinda seemed like a thug to me

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
The Age article has been modified since I read it a few hours ago, but in the original article Moeen talked about how the player later said he "knows a lot of Muslims", "some of my best friends are Muslims".

David Warner is always going on about that, growing up in West Sydney etc

Can't access the original article

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greg Baum article yesterday in The Age with this:

Alastair Cook caught the Tube to his last few days as a Test cricketer. On the Central Line, he was not recognised, on the Northern Line only dimly. Make of that what you will about the status of Test cricket, remembering that Cook's entire career was behind a pay wall in England. It is the note that Australia should take, but won't.
Peever's keenness to get into bed with Fox ignored the lesson of what happens with a paywall. But getting marginally more money now is the way.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It was at Cardiff 2015, so,

C J L Rogers
D A Warner
S P D Smith
M J Clarke*
A C Voges
S R Watson
N M Lyon
B J Haddin†
M G Johnson
M A Starc
J R Hazlewood

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I wonder what they said to Bairstow last Ashes which was reportedly so underhand (speculation that it pertains to his father's suicide)?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmmm so darren lehmann was the person who talked to the australian player.

The Age article has been modified since I read it a few hours ago, but in the original article Moeen talked about how the player later said he "knows a lot of Muslims", "some of my best friends are Muslims".

David Warner is always going on about that, growing up in West Sydney etc

Can't access the original article
lol david warner is from the eastern suburbs, albeit housing commission

andmark

International Captain
I wonder what they said to Bairstow last Ashes which was reportedly so underhand (speculation that it pertains to his father's suicide)?
If Australia are genuinely committed to changing their hostile cricket culture (which I heavily doubt), then that also could do with an investigation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it a good thing or a bad thing he didn't come out publicly with it at the time?
Coming out publicly three years later was probably the worst of all options. Either coming out immediately, deciding to just let it go or even waiting until his career was over and he wanted to sell a book would've been preferable IMO. This seems like the worst of all possible worlds.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but he is selling a book.

i reckon now is a pretty decent time just because of what's happened in australian cricket lately, and because if the australian set-up has handled the accusation poorly (which, you know, seems likely) there's that big cultural review going on. just feels like this moment in time could see it resolved without moeen facing a barrage of abuse for speaking out. if he had done it in 2015....I dunno, I'm just thinking of FDP being barked at.......

besides, moeen hasn't named the player (possibly due to legal advice) so he may not be seeking retroactive punishment or anything like that, just for it to not happen again. (although I'm sure he wants the player to actually admit it to Moeen)

Last edited: