• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5/42 or 42/5...who would u choose

Next man in

• Steve Waugh

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Brian Lara

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Nathan Astle

• Inzamam Ul Haq

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Nasser Hussain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jaques Kallis

• Khaled Mahmud :P

• Harshan Tillekaratne

• Adam Gilchrist

• Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman

• Graham Thorpe

• Mahela Jayawardene

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
How many times has Gilchrist has actually saved Australia in Tests?

One in mind is Hobart.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
And a poor slip fielder and a bad captain!
He led from the front to beat Bangladesh and led Pakistan over South Africa. Then they swept New Zealand and they're more than competing in New Zealand. Where do you get the bad captaincy bit?

Craig

World Traveller
I trust you havent been watching this series?

If you have you would know. He is very laid back and sets defensive fields and generally whats for something to happen rather then making it happens.

If he was in first slip, and the ball went to second or third slip, he would put a fielder there. Ball goes through square leg, he puts a fielder there.

Danish Kaneria beat Tuffey with the ball, the ball turned a bit, so he brings in a second slip. He is following the ball which means the horse has bolted.

In the second session he bowled Shoaib for five overs along with Kaneria, then brought on Shabbir and bowled those two for the rest of the session. They didnt really trouble Vettori and Oram for most of the time (Shabbir and Kaneria).

So his onfield captaincy has been ordinary. I await your response if you have one.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
Danish Kaneria beat Tuffey with the ball, the ball turned a bit, so he brings in a second slip. He is following the ball which means the horse has bolted.
If the ball turned a bit and he consequently put in a slip, then how has 'the horse bolted'? If he edged the ball in that position the ball before then it's reactive captaincy, but if you see some turn as put in another attacking fielder as a result, how is that poor captaincy?

Craig

World Traveller
You still didnt read my post though. So a ball that goes through the second slip and he puts one in as reactive captaincy? Actually that was the only ball I saw that turned. There was another one but it was so wide of off stump.

And as I say did you watch the Test series so far? Answer that if you will. If you did, you could clearly see that New Zealand were on top for a lot of the time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
And as I say did you watch the Test series so far? Answer that if you will. If you did, you could clearly see that New Zealand were on top for a lot of the time.
I have not seen it, but unless the scorecards are proving massive liars, then I stand by my comment that Pakistan appear to be competing well enough.

Craig

World Traveller
Then a I still cant believe you can question what I have said. Pakistan have truely competed to a bit of poor batting/good bowling.