• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Ramp shot should be banned by the coaches IMO. How many more accomplished batsmen are gonna make themselves look like muppets playing such a low percentage option??

the big bambino

International Captain
Kind of had the feeling that Wade tried to pretend that Sabburg didn't nick the ball he caught him. Probably thought that Sabburg was doing such a good job winning the game for the Stars so why ruin it with an appeal just to get Cutting in.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ramp shot should be banned by the coaches IMO. How many more accomplished batsmen are gonna make themselves look like muppets playing such a low percentage option??
Its only low percentage if you aren't very good at it. So's the hook shot but I don't see you saying coaches should ban it. For Buttler, Maxwell and the like its a high % boundary shot.

Sabburg is the worst T20 bat I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
In the last 24 hours I've seen 2 batsmen bowled trying it and a third cop one in the gob.

Edit:

And I should mentioned that the 2 that got bowled (Steve Smith and Matthew Wade) had played great innings prior to it. Can't recall who it was that got smashed, was in the game down in Hobart this afternoon......was only half watching.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
i was set on playing a ramp lap sweep thing today, changed my mind mid shot and hit it over cow corner instead

91Jmay

International Coach
In the last 24 hours I've seen 2 batsmen bowled trying it and a third cop one in the gob.

Edit:

And I should mentioned that the 2 that got bowled (Steve Smith and Matthew Wade) had played great innings prior to it. Can't recall who it was that got smashed, was in the game down in Hobart this afternoon......was only half watching.
Right, so you are being completely reactionary then. If you'd just watched Buttler's 60 odd from earlier in tournament and one of Maxwell's fifties would you have posted 'If I was a coach I'd tell all my batsmen they had to play the ramp shot'? Player who are good at it should play it, players who aren't shouldn't. Banning a shot is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Its like telling your bowlers not to bowl bouncers because Kevin Pietersen's half trackers looked terrible at Sydney.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, so you are being completely reactionary then. If you'd just watched Buttler's 60 odd from earlier in tournament and one of Maxwell's fifties would you have posted 'If I was a coach I'd tell all my batsmen they had to play the ramp shot'? Player who are good at it should play it, players who aren't shouldn't. Banning a shot is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Its like telling your bowlers not to bowl bouncers because Kevin Pietersen's half trackers looked terrible at Sydney.
****, sorry mate.......guess I'll just stfu then.

It was just an idle, throw away comment really, didn't realise I'd prompt such a pro ramp shot rant from anyone..........Is the ramp shot your love child or something?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Your apology is accepted. Glad you have seen the error of your ways.
I have and I thank you, and it is nice to know there is always someone around here to keep me in line.

Still reckon it is a low percentage shot though, even if there are some that have executed it well. It's a premeditated shot with no B plan or way out once you are in it.

the big bambino

International Captain
To judge the merit of the ramp shot have a look at the expression on Smith's and Wade's faces after they got out. Reckon both knew they pulled a boner that put their teams in danger of losing. In one case it did in the other it almost did.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Location bet :laugh: Adders has been pounded enough lately. Who was the sadistic bugger who gave you your avatar Adders? Uvo?
Yeah who else. Fair play to him though he certainly has a talent with these gifs.........I guess everyone must have something going for them:ph34r:

Just as well I didn't win any of these bets as I suspect my offerings would have been pretty pathetic in comparison. Stuck with this ****e until the 25th Jun