• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
also i have no idea what the batting line-up will be
I'm thinking:

1. Warner 2 Haddin 3. Maddinson 4. Smith 5. Patterson 6 Rohrer 7 Henriques 8 Sandhu 9 Hazlewood 10 Lyon 11 Bollinger

The other option is Patterson out, Rohrer and Henriques both move up to 5 and 6 and Abbott at 7. I prefer the first option.

adub

International Captain
I think Rad will bat down the order.

Warner, Maddo, Smith, Rohrer, Patterson, Fui, Rad, Sandhu, Haze, Lyon, Doug I reckon.

A little light at the tail, but it really shouldn't come to that.

Plenty of bowling options. Looking forward to getting out to Bankstown even if I do have to bring my own bacon.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
henriques opened in all the pre-season games though. He could open and Haddin bat at 5/6/7

adub

International Captain
henriques opened in all the pre-season games though. He could open and Haddin bat at 5/6/7
True enough on Moises, they do seem to be grooming Maddo more as a middle order bat than an opener now. But I can't see Haddin any higher than 7 in the team unless Abbott is playing (and I can't see any reason for Abbott to play)

benchmark00

"“The day/nighter at Drummoyne Oval will enable local fans to come along after work or school and enjoy some of Australia’s best state one-day players in action."

And by school he means beach.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ryobi Cup Predictions

1 Winner:
2 Runner-Up:
3 Wooden Spoon:

How many balls for:
4 Quickest 50:
5 Quickest 100:
(closest wins)

6. Leading run scorer (excluding finals):
7. Leading wicket taker (excluding finals):
8. Will a bowler take a hattrick:.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Winner: Victoria
2 Runner-Up: New South Wales
3 Wooden Spoon: Western Australia

How many balls for:
4 Quickest 50: 22
5 Quickest 100: 66 (Nic Maddinson)
(closest in terms of balls wins)

6. Leading run scorer (excluding finals): Rob Quiney
7. Leading wicket taker (excluding finals): Will Sheridan
8. Will a bowler take a hattrick:. No

I point for each..

Spikey

i dont really get why victoria would pick jake haberfield in their 2nd xi but not their roybi squad

benchmark00

1 Winner: NSW
2 Runner-Up: Victoria
3 Wooden Spoon: QLD

How many balls for:
4 Quickest 50: 24
5 Quickest 100: 72
(closest in terms of balls wins)

6. Leading run scorer (excluding finals): Davey 'Gravy' Warner
7. Leading wicket taker (excluding finals): Sandhu
8. Will a bowler take a hattrick:. No

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If you look at there squad they probably just don't think he is good enough. I mean Peter Siddle, John Wayne Hastings, Will Sheridan, Fawad Ahmed, Jon Holland are probably the bowlers likely to feature and I don't think it would be wrong to suggest they are ahead of Haberfield even though I do rate Habers in one day cricket.

I'm actually a big fan of Sheridan as you can probably tell by me saying he will be leading wicket taker for the year. He is my bolter to be close to international short format selection by the end of the summer.