• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Drop MJ, pick Bird IMO.

Yes, I'm running it into the ground, but Johnson can **** off unless we're playing at the WACA.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
squad is as expected. 12. hughes in, + mj, starc, siddle, hilf the seamers picked

Spikey

is this a FC match? Has Scooter Henry got his first FC ton?!

It probably isn't. Sucker

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
is this a FC match? Has Scooter Henry got his first FC ton?!

It probably isn't. Sucker
With it being 12 per side, does it make it not a FC match? Reckon it definitely should be considered one, considering some other matches that are.

brockley

International Captain
No its not and wasn't last year,its the best of the rest not in the big bash,dean solway not a first class cricketer,commiserations to scott,sure he will ton up soon,altho denid by rain against QLD i think from memory.He will get there,hope he has a bowl useful left armer.

Spark

Global Moderator
We felt that for the South African series that Quiney was the right man," Inverarity said. "We look to Phil Hughes to be one of our players of the future, a real long-term player, so when we were considering the South African series we were very keen for Phil Hughes to come in when his form was absolutely right, and the right circumstances for him.

"We did feel that throwing him into the Tests against the world No. 1 with their attack was probably not the ideal set of circumstances for him, and we feel the time now is absolutely right for him.
We needed to be convinced that his game was absolutely cherry ripe. It was just recently at the MCG that he got a big hundred [158 for SA v Victoria] and I think that was further proof that he's in absolutely the right place.
???

Spark

Global Moderator
Why are you confused by that? They didn't want his recall to be against South Africa and have his confidence dented so they picked Quiney, but now that we're playing Sri Lanka they think it's the right time.
Less confused and more surprised. Especially odd given they seem to be picking him at #3...

Spikey

i mean ****, there was literally no-one saying "oh gee why is hughes now being picked". Pretty much everyone agreed that while Quiney was hardly the most promising prospect, he should be picked. and pretty much everyone agrees that the ****er made a pair and now should not be picked. why the **** would you even do this. jesus christ. invers, stop ****ing writing your press releases/lines to use in the press conference. ****ing hell

Spikey

i look forward to seeing hughes' press conference tomorrow and seeing him get asked about being shielded about 2000 times.

Sylvester

State Captain
New selection panel same old rubbish logic. Playing SA would have been ideal to see how much he has improved on his technique. Now he will head into the Ashes playing SL and Indian attacks which are nowhere near as deadly as what the English will throw and thus just covering any flaws in his technique that he might still have until it is too late.

Spikey

hey remember when bailey didn't get picked for australia a and a couple of us thought how odd it is and pews said nah it's no big deal

taste it pews

Spikey

i mean the logic is ****ed up too. but **** admitting the logic existed is about 20000 times worse