• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey everyone, heading down the street today to nail some long haired **** to this big wooden cross we made last night.

SFB

Cricket Spectator
Mendis is incredibly easy to play at Test level on pitches that aren't turning. There's a reason he got slaughtered in England (at county level too!) last year.

Herath will take a few though when it turns a bit. Thought he was very probing today.

From memory, and IMO, the his main problem in England was the softness of the pitches, they just sat up to be hit and robbed him of turn and skid.

Only saw an over and a 1/2 of Herath today (had to go to work), but he seemed to be asking questions of Hughes straight away.

benchmark00

I must be the only one who doesn't see it with Herath. He doesn't look anything special to me at all, just a decent accurate bowler, nothing more than that.

Doesn't inspire me one bit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I must be the only one who doesn't see it with Herath. He doesn't look anything special to me at all, just a decent accurate bowler, nothing more than that.

Nah I'm not a big fan either. You have to give him credit for the way he's performed over the last couple of years, especially at home but also in South Africa of all places, but he doesn't really do it for me either. I've sort of just been waiting for the mediocrity to hit. He's decent and all, but yeah.

SFB

Cricket Spectator

Check out Rob's video of the '99-'00 tour of Sri Lanka at the 6:43 mark. Besides that, for a SLA in my opinion, accurate is exactly what you want. Someone who isn't afraid to flight the ball, but can frustrate the batsmen, keep that pressure on then use that change up to get the wicket. Herath, imo, is a unique case because he sat on the sideline for a decade and seems to be using all that frustration to take a bag of wickets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It doesn't seem that like long ago when Herath tried to get a county deal, didn't attract any interest, got signed up as an overseas pro in a league side and was completely innocuous at that level. I remember it because he actually got called up to a Test squad in the midst of that and it was just a weird situation. Was probably a few years ago now though.

benchmark00

Check out Rob's video of the '99-'00 tour of Sri Lanka at the 6:43 mark. Besides that, for a SLA in my opinion, accurate is exactly what you want. Someone who isn't afraid to flight the ball, but can frustrate the batsmen, keep that pressure on then use that change up to get the wicket. Herath, imo, is a unique case because he sat on the sideline for a decade and seems to be using all that frustration to take a bag of wickets.
Meh, good luck to the bloke, but doesn't look anything special to me.

SFB

Cricket Spectator
It doesn't seem that like long ago when Herath tried to get a county deal, didn't attract any interest, got signed up as an overseas pro in a league side and was completely innocuous at that level. I remember it because he actually got called up to a Test squad in the midst of that and it was just a weird situation. Was probably a few years ago now though.
If I'm not mistaken, he wrote a letter to the Sri Lankan board which in essence said, don't forget about me, give me a shot. To their credit they did, and its paid off