• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The greatest batsman ever

Who is the greatest batsman ever

• Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Stephen Rodger Waugh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Charles Lara

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sir Donald Bradman

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deeps

International 12th Man
Oh,and as for the choice of those 3 batsman (tendulkar,waugh and lara)... they have been amongst the best batsman in the world over the last decade or so... I think almost every1 agrees with that

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'd say there are at least ten players who deserve to be on there but arent (considering SRT , BCL & SRW).

But seeing as this is just a 'take the ****' poll initiated due to Amits 'opinions' it dosent really matter.

deeps

International 12th Man
well,i sed the last decade... Who else could we include? Hayden's been good only for the last 2 or 3 years,gilly last 5 or 6...

but yeah,i know there's HEAPS of ppl over the years,but i've never seen them play :P so i went for the last decade.....

masterblaster

International Captain
Whoever voted for Tendulkar or Lara or Waugh is completely and utterly insane and delusional.

There is only one man who is the 'greatest of all time'.

An average of 99.94, nobody and I mean nobody will ever get close to that in the same amount of tests the great Don did.

You ask Lara, you ask Sachin and if you tell them to your face they are the greatest of all time, they will be the first ones to tell you that you have got to be insane.

Sachin has admitted time and time again, he is just so small compared to Bradman, and for people to just draw a little comparison between Sachin and the Don is very, very flattering and humbling for him.

The Don, forever will be the greatest of all time, and its a spit in the face towards his legacy and determination and hard work if ANYBODY questions otherwise.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
On the face of it, a wasted thread.

However, anyone ever see that classic Monty Python sketch 'Spot the Loony'?

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
sachin is more stylish than don bradman but. like bradman's technique wasn't quite perfect. but obviously u cant argue with an avg of 99.94. also who knows what the quality of the bowlers were back then...well anyway i dont think its fair to say that tendulkar is better, but i do think its wrong to say tendulkar is nothing compared to bradman. the fact that HE said that is only modesty, i think he compares quite strongly.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet another thread we've seen time & time again here & I don't think i've seen anyone agree.

jagaways said:
sachin is more stylish than don bradman
Oh, so you saw him play? Judging by the style of your writing you don't sound old enough to have seen him play. Therefore, how would you know anything about his style? For mine, Bradman's record oozes style.

Status
Not open for further replies.