• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. AC MacLaren
2. CC McDonald
3. DJ McGlew
4. ND McKenzie
5. SJ McCabe
6. BB McCullum +*
7. BM McMillan
8. GD McKenzie
9. CJ McDermott
10. SCG MacGill
11. GD McGrath

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
If it was a poor sportsman, humourless jerk-off, bogus charity fronting, hunter of defenceless animals XI McGrath would be a shoe-in.
Ahh. I should have read back for what the criteria was.

Last bit is a bit unfair. Tendulkar had a bat in his hand in 2003.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If it was a poor sportsman, humourless jerk-off, bogus charity fronting, hunter of defenceless animals XI McGrath would be a shoe-in.
I'm on record as disliking the pink test as tokenism, but really not sure you can call actual on the ground breast cancer care nurse provision "bogus"...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm on record as disliking the pink test as tokenism, but really not sure you can call actual on the ground breast cancer care nurse provision "bogus"...
Agreed. I've heard rumours though that very little of the money raised by the pink ball Test actually gets put into breast cancer treatment. Of course, these are just rumours.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed. I've heard rumours though that very little of the money raised by the pink ball Test actually gets put into breast cancer treatment. Of course, these are just rumours.
Does anyone actually claim that a large proportion of the money raised goes to the breast care nurses?

mr_mister

They're probably true. Charities are sneaky as **** and certainly don't mind making their managers wealthy in the process. I used to work at a charity call centre and the practices were so sleazy. We were given training on how to 'objection handle' when someone was reluctant to give money.

I hope the industry crashes and burns lol

stephen

They're probably true. Charities are sneaky as **** and certainly don't mind making their managers wealthy in the process. I used to work at a charity call centre and the practices were so sleazy. We were given training on how to 'objection handle' when someone was reluctant to give money.

I hope the industry crashes and burns lol
They do what works. They're a business that relies on donations. Their directors could probably earn three times as much in the corporate sector. The harsh reality is that it's hard work running a successful charity and management/ administration costs aren't free and aren't even a predictor of the quality of the charity.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah a lot of charities are operating in a somewhat corporate way, there will always be a heap of middle men trying to get a cut for themselves

And on a completely untelated note, Jimmy101's avatar makes me cringe everytime I see it

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah from my understanding the McGrath Foundation is nothing like the Warne Foundation. Obviously the McGrath Foundation could be full of **** too but it does seem to do genuinely good work.