• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson- massively overrated test cricketer

I struggle to see why this guy is an seemingly automatic selection in Australia's test team. I know he's a good limited overs player.

Look at his raw stats.

He has now played 35 tests.

His batting average is only 37. Only 2 hundreds.

His bowling average is ok at 28, but his SR is 59 and he's only taken 59 wickets in 35 tests (less than one per innings). He is continually injured.

And now he's our vice captain. He's the most petulant, sulky Australian cricketer I've ever seen. I do not understand.
He is probably the best to be da captain of Austrailian team atm ....and batting average of 37 is not bad either :p .....strike rate of 59 in tests is also not bad at all :p ....and he has taken lesser wickets becoz he is a batting allrounder